LR3, blue light blinks, pressing the reset button makes the yellow LED flash

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I have bought the LR3 about a month ago, and it was running fine until last week.
After cleaning, the blue light was flickering, went through some troubleshooting guides and the qtip did the trick, the blue light was solid.
After a day or two, it started flashing every time a cat would use the litter, and I had to press the reset button and it would cycle every time after resetting.
Today, the reset button did not work anymore and the blue light keeps blinking. Pressing the reset button makes the yellow light flash quickly.
I have cleaned the litter completely, the DFI sensors, with qtips, the little metal contacts that connect the top with the base and everything.
The blue light blinks even if I remove the drawer.
It’s hard to understand how such an expensive piece of equipment managed to be faulty in a few weeks.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @pfx

Thank you for contacting RobotShop.

We are sorry to hear about the problem.

Please give us your order ID.

1 Like

Hello!

Order Confirmation Order # 305-0599148-9593112

Hi @pfx

Thank you for your reply.

If not already, please try to unplug your robot for several hours (or one day completely). This can solve the issue sometimes.

I have unplugged it and I’m waiting. Should that solve the issue permanently?
We’re going to leave for the holidays and the whole purpose of the automatic litter was to clean while we’re gone.

1 Like

Hi again,

If it doesn’t solve the problem we would like to exchange the base of the robot since probably the DFI sensor is defective.

Hello,

I’ll come back with an update tonight, after leaving it unplugged.

Thank you for your fast response,
Leonard

1 Like

You are welcome.

Also please check following:
The Anti-Pinch safety feature is two pins connected to the motherboard that must touch each other continuously.
If they are separated, you will have an alarm(yellow blinking light). The Anti-Pinch safety is located in the top back left of the Litter-Robot base. You will need to unplug the unit, remove the bonnet, the globe and the drawer.

It is ‘‘Two Metal’’ pin. With a flashlight, you should be able to see if they are touching each other or not. If they are not touching each other, try to re-position it with a flat screwdriver by pushing them upwards.

This video can help you: Litter-Robot 3: Checking the Pinch Detect - YouTube

1 Like

Hello,

I have checked the Anti-Pinch metal brackets, I’ve cleaned them and, yes, they are touching.
I’ve cleaned the sensors again.
I’ve waited until today to plug the unit in, and it’s performing the same: blinking blue light, followed by flashing yellow if I press the reset button.
Even with the drawer out, it persists.
Is there any way to hard reset it in this state?

1 Like

Hello @pfx ,

We will exchange the base of your robot.

We will forward this to our internal support so you can confirm your details.

You will receive and email in a minute.

Thank you.

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.