LMR Spirit Detector

Frits - I’m shocked !

Dood, Photo techniques?  The gateway to the underworld is through extreme high-voltage.  And super high voltage is never boring ! 

Why if you built yourself a mini coil, you would be a believer !  Your ghost finder would go crazy.

Ask my hero, the gatekeeper !

**Not working **

I made the circuit replacing the BC517 with BC547 as stated in talking electronics but still it is not working.Please help me fritsl.

I would love to help you,

I would love to help you, but I am not really sure how I can with the information you are giving me. It’s har to debug your board from here. Best advice as always is: start with the power source, make sure that is working, and then take the next thing, make sure that is working and so on. 

I did everything you showed in your circuit but the LED is always glowing and i also want ask you that what should I use for the antenna.If you want to have an idea about my circuit then check out the circuit of talking electronic which I think you have already done so please help me.

Problem reported by aakarsh gupta

I think I may have found the solution to this problem reported by aakarsh gupta about the extreme sensitivity of the circuit because of which the LED is always on.

This is what I did, although I sealed my circuit completely with the plastic adhesive, I noticed that the LED of the circuit always remained ON but glowed brighter in vicinity of live wire. Which implies there was some current leak through PCB board --reason is Ferric Chloride etc is normally used to etch the PCB and there are ample chances that these current conducting chemicals may be absorbed by the board in very very minute amounts that it leaks current of the source through the board even though these leaks may not be detected by normal multimeter like instruments.

Keeping this in mind I removed the connection of the last transistor’s base from the board and kept it floating and LO! it worked. Although there was still very faint leak (neglible) but it worked.

Since I have sealed my circuit with a plastic adhesive I can not do any thing further.

In the above manner if the base of all the transistors are connected while it is floating I feel, we should expect cent percent result that is expected of the circuit.

Problem reported by aakarsh gupta

My doubt was right.

I recently made a room ionizer and wanted to see if it works, the only instrument I had was
this circuit which I had described 3 years back.

I remade this circuit but this time I connected the base of all the transistors while floating
and also the emitter of the last two transistor floating (without touching the PCB) and this worked the LED lit only when I touched the antenna or in the vicinity of a live wire.

I did not have to seal the circuit with the plastic adhesive (see image) !!!

I am uploading the photo and video of the remade circuit for those who may read this topic in future.

1 Like