LMR on Campus Party Europe 2010 in Madrid

I’ll be there tomorrow

Living here has its cons. I have to work tomorrow morning.

I’ll be there at about 14:30.

I’ll find you.

Check this link

I am filling up my blog with short, raw, unedited video clips.

Wish you where all here :slight_smile:

Wish you where all here :slight_smile:

Fristl presenting his Drum-bot

The great presentation of the Drum-bot.

CIMG3844.jpg

And that’s me, for all of you who haven’t reognized me so far…

Yes, a little late. I know, it’s embarassing. And I feel ashamed. If you meet me at CP you recognize my CAcert-T-shirt and the pink cast over my broken left hand.

on the you see me performing one of my other hobbies: giving blood. It’s fun believe me! And it’s useful, too.

giving_blood.jpg

Oh, yes, I've got no hardware with me. Only my creativity andexcitement. But LOTS of this!

Snoar(ing) Experts

They were right 8-(

I brought ear plugs :sunglasses:

More impressions

Feel free to provide your own captions, Mifulapirus!

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

(That’s not a breakfast! That’s a Death Star!)

It took him three days, but now TinHead is making Dust!!! Until they aked him to shut down the noise… :frowning:

IMG_0940.jpg

Yes it rains in the plains of Spain! Must be the freaking volcano!

IMG_0936.jpg

Frits wants to sign our robots and see the pictures here on LMR.

Say Beep!

P1090247.jpg

Here we are posing for the obligatory group shot before the sun sets. Left to Right:

Antonb, Dutchbot, Fritsl, Rik, Mif, Tinhead.

[Antonios, Louis, Frits, Rik, Miguel, Razvan]

Funny facts about our trip:

The weather in Holland was way better than in Central Spain! That was the only blue Spanish sky I saw, to date.

An Icelandic Volcano eruption is grounding planes all over Northern Europe.  Let's make some freaking fast and powerful robot to get us home!

I met this nice blog-girl from Romania. She was really interested in what we are doing. We exchanged URLs. That's what you do in a place like this. I guess, she also is tied up in all the events going on here, cause her blog is not showing any updates yet. And I know for a fact, it's not a lack of bandwidth!

If I were made of Bytes, not meat, I would fly home and back every night and get a nice night of sleep.

Last night, we presented LMR to the robot people here on campus. I showed two of my favorite videos to the group: The funny Walk Bot (Spanish people do not get Monty Python?!?!) and of course "Not the fun kind of ride" by CtC. We had Chris live on stage through Skype. That was a lot of fun! This projection screen is 4 meters tall! Seeing Chris, Kari and Charley on Youtube there was more impressive (to me) than seeing Yet Another Astronaut sending his regards from the ISS.

Maybe if they bumped the thing into something really expensive, I'd have a different opinion ;-)

Hi

Mi house has now this aspect:

I'm afraid I won't be able to go today...

What about your return flights and the volcano??

Volcano? Which Volcano?!

We’re basically F*cked. How was your ride home? :wink:

Campus Party is chartering three buses to bring a lot of home. There are like three countries that are not yet blocked by the volcanic ashes.

_47664315_03_17.04_1850_466.gif

(bbc)

It’s a long way to Tippirary…

more more photos

P1090252.jpg

P1090257.jpg

P1090266.jpg

P1090264.jpg

P1090268.jpg

P1090327.jpg

P1090260.jpg

Thanks!

I’m the one with the glasses :wink:

Volcano

Yes, without planes it is a looong way.

Good luck!, I wish you an as fast as possible trip!

I’m interested in the bots

I’m interested in the bots in the tray. Can someone explain them or provide a link? Thanks!

didn’t get an url

search for swarm and micro

did not find anything.

did not find anything. perhaps not up yet?

Mif; Thanks a lot for all

Mif; Thanks a lot for all your help, cheese and what have you :slight_smile:

Hope you got a lock on your home, and see you next time :slight_smile:

This was before virtuPIC

This was before virtuPIC joined in, sorry for missing on photo!

Hi

I am very happy to see (almost) all of you at home. I think that Tinhead is doing some tourism, not just waiting for his flight ;-).

I hope you liked the party, I did.And I am very happy of having met all you physically, not just through the net.

The cheese and the “jamón serrano” was the least I could do :wink:

maybe these

These look a lot alike. Maybe it’s the same ones.