Litter Robot red light comes on with no activity

Hello
Can you send me a very close photo of the U1 legs on the emitter board? 10 very close legs

This is as close as I can get.

the photo of the legs that I showed you with the arrow in the photo I sent you. on the emitter card

Sorry

hello there seems to be a short circuit between the legs due to corrosion. Carefully clean the 10 legs. use pure ethyl alcohol and ear cleaning sticks. isolate the legs from each other. it should be like the legs on the other side. then mount the device

So many thanks. It worked. How long will this repair last? Should I clean regularly, if so how ofter?

Hello
great, the protective acrylic coating on the corroded area you cleaned has lost its function. You should make a protective coating in this area and cut off its contact with air and moisture. The protective acrylic should be colorless because there are IR LEDs on the board. but if you can’t find spray, clear nail polish will also work. If the same problem starts again on the robot, carefully examine the dfi cards without too much delay. prevent corrosion without completely melting the conductive legs. As you can see, corrosion and short circuit are invisible to the naked eye

re-oxidation in the legs depends on the humidity in the environment. but if you protect it from moisture with good insulation, there will be no problem for months.

How many cats do you have and how often do you clean the litter tray?

1 Like

Could you please show where you see the corrosion? I have tried to look these photos, but doesn’t find what you are referring to.

1 Like

1 Like

Ok, the photo was too blurry for my vision to recognize the corrosion.

1 Like

I didn’t see the corrosion either but I cleaned the ic as described and the sprayed new coating and the unit is working properly again

1 Like