Litter Robot II Blue Light Flashing

@Leif The post you are currently in is a troubleshooting for the Litter-Robot II.

Since you have the Litter-Robot III, please try the following:

Hi,

The following troubleshooting should resolve the blue light blinking while the waste drawer is empty. Once resolved, the unit should consistently recognize when your cat visits and cycle accordingly.

To troubleshoot the blue blinking, let’s start by power cycling your unit:

1.) Leave your unit powered ON with the blue blinking light engaged & Unplug your power supply from the base

2.) Wait 10 seconds then plug the unit back in

3.) Allow the unit to complete a start‐up cycle. If the light is solid blue, the code has been successfully cleared. If the light is still blinking, let’s proceed with troubleshooting. Let’s empty the drawer if it has waste and reinstall the bag before proceeding.

Note: If you are using a dark colored bag, always tuck it into the tabs.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxgTYtknW_c&index=2&list=PLVGSgrf6kgDNPYaulQB7wDvu9AJcmBQ5k

Let’s check your DFI Lenses for any obstructions:

1. Turn off the unit and Unplug the power from the base

2. Remove the Bonnet and the Globe

3. Inspect the top of the Base where the Globe usually rests. Are there any debris? Small amounts of litter is normal. Clean as needed.

4. Inside the waste opening there are two clear ““Lenses”” (left and right side). Ensure there are no debris on the Lenses. Sometimes litter can fall/splash onto them. ** To clean the lenses, we recommend wiping them off with a soft damp cloth and/or glass cleaner. Do not directly spray the Base or DFI Lenses. **

5. Replace the Globe and Bonnet. Reset the black key in the back of the unit into the pocket. 6. Plug the unit back in. If you turned the power off, you will need to power it on and press ““cycle””. Once the cleaning cycle is complete, the unit should be at the Home position with a Solid Blue LED on.

Further Troubleshooting:

1. If the unit continues blinking blue, remove the waste drawer and press cycle.

2. Press reset 2x to abort the cycle and return the unit to home (it will level the litter).

3. If the unit goes to solid blue with the waste drawer removed, ensure there is nothing in the drawer blocking the lenses.

4. If the drawer is clear, your base needs to be repaired ‐ let us know that you tried the full troubleshooting without results.

If it still doesn’t work, you will have to contact your reseller.

This is what I have already done, several times actually. Without any changes to the better. I have also done the “total reset” (if it was that it was called). And I have also tried to contact the reseller (robotshoppen.se in Sweden) .

@Leif You can contact them here Tel: 08 - 10 33 33 According to their website.

The issue you are having is due to the Litter-Robot III Open Air DFI Hardware being defective.

To be continued…

I have hard to believe that the issue is about the DFI lenses. Why would the globe stop upside down if it was about DFI?

And now the problem havs escalated to that the yellow light flashes very quickly and nothing happens. It doesn’t help to try to hit the reset button, reboot or unplug the power from the base for x-number of minutes or hours. Nor is there any change with or without the globe or drawer on - it doesn’t function. Since I do have a second LR3 which is functioning, I’ve also tried to replace the globe, drawer and bonnet. Status quo, nothing happens, the problem remains. Now, just in a worse form from the beginning with the flashing blue light - the LR3 doesn’t function at all.

I suppose this is about the motor.

I now finally came in contact with the seller in Sweden. But it is not so much for help since, he obviously sends my questions to your helpdesk and passes the answers to me. Of the answers I suppose he clearly omits a lot of what I described about the problems. What is a bit frustrating since I already have asked directly from you these questions and tested all your suggestions, without results for the better.It’s a bit frustrating to pull the re-run in this phase when I have a very expensive and relatively new, just 10 months old, litter-box that still doesn’t function at all.

@Leif Have him read this forum post and proceed with an exchange of the base in this case. The issue with the blue light flashing is due to a defective DFI, as for the yellow light flashing, it should be a problem with the motor.
Since Robotshoppen is a reseller, it is their responsibility to offer you the service and honor the warranty.
Since you have having that much issues, we would suggest to replace the base.

Thank you, I’ll send him a link to this forum.