Litter Robot 3 Yellow light slow blinking, stop during cycle

Hello,

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I got my Litter Robot 3 24 month ago. In the past month it sometimes stops mid- cleaning-cycle and does not move anymore. The yellow light is blinking slowly once a second. The robot is then completely unresponsive. Only disconnecting it from power will fix the problem and the cycle continuous.
I have cleaned the globe. I have checked the pinch connectors - but forcing the pinch error shows a much faster yellow light blinking frequency. So I don’t think it has anything to do with this.
The problem occurs randomly at different levels of litter filling. I always press the reset button.

When I force the error that normally leads to the slow blinking yellow light by putting weight on the globe or move it, the halt of the globe stays until I press the cycle button twice. After the first button press the yellow light is on solid, after the second the cycle continuous. S
While when the error occurs, only disconnecting the robot from power resets the system, the buttons don’t react anymore.

I hope you can help. Thanks in advance, Anna

**Hardware concerned. Litter Robot 3

Troubleshooting steps already taken: see above

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @Enchy ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

This issue is coming from the bonnet and its connection with the base.

Please test if the night light is interrupting your cycle. Cover the light sensor which is located under the power button. If the night light turns on and the cycle is interrupted, then your bonnet needs to be replaced.

It is possible that the night-light is not even working, in this case, please remove the power from the robot and unclip the bonnet. Inside the bonnet, you will see 2 wires connected to a small circuit. Make sure the wires are well connected to the circuit.

If that is working fine, then the problem is probably with the connection between the base and the bonnet. Have a look at this video: Litter-Robot 3 Stops Mid-Cycle - YouTube

Also, there are two connection metal pins between the base and bonnet. Some customers use WD-40 to clean them to make better contact:

You can also try to deactivate the nightlight using this blog while pointing your phone’s flashlight at the light sensor located above the “Cycle” button:

Please tell us how this goes.

Sincerely,

Dear @Ebram

Thanks for the quick reply.
Since the error is only happening from time to time it might take a while to really test your solutions.

The night light works fine and I cannot induce the error by starting it mid circle. The cables look fine too me.

The contacts to the bonnet show a dark discoloring that I cannot clean away completely with WD 40. maybe here is now a loose contact that sometimes loses connection. After cleaning the error did not occur for 24 hours. So I have to wait and see.

Is it possible to exchange the connections at the base of the bonnet ?

My order number was 918551

Thanks again.

Hello @Enchy ,

Thank you for your reply.

These pins are usually the cause for such an error.

Please keep an eye on the robot for another day and let us know if the issue happened again or not.

If it did, we can replace these pins under the warranty.

In that case, we would need the following details:

• Shipping address.
  • Phone number.
  • Serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,