Litter robot 3. Solid yellow light

Hi.
My litter robot has a solid yellow light that I can’t figure out how to fix.

I’ve taken it all apart and reset the spring in the key. It just doesn’t work Any ideas?

2 Likes

@Leonard

Is the yellow light solid with the blue one?

If it’s the case, this means the robot is in the 8-hour sleep mode.

To quit this mode, simply press and hold the Cycle button until the yellow light turn off.

If the yellow light is blinking, advice so we can troubleshoot the bonnet or the anti-pinch feature.

2 Likes

No just a solid yellow light. No blue. No red.

I previously have taken the entire unit apart and reset the spring on the black key as the guard was blocking the dump shoot. Then the machine couldn’t find the home. Took it all apart again. It worked for a day. Now I have a solid yellow light.

This machine is only 14 months old.

1 Like

Update. In my frustration I decided to return it to Costco - ( their return policy was why I didn’t purchase directly from RobotShop - anyway ). It rotated once after I shut it off and unplugged it. And got stuck mid cycle. Nothing worked. So I pressed “ empty” to prepare to return it. Well. Here it is working perfectly. It did not empty Idk why I was out of the room getting the box to pack it up in. It’s been cycling perfectly all day. However the next time it acts up it’s going back. So frustrating.

I am also getting a solid yellow light on my litter robot 3. I took it apart completely, blew out all the little granules of litter out of all the crevices and still no luck. All the connections were good and no issue with the pinch contacts.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Litter-robot issue Solid yellow light

Hi my machine has a solid yellow light. I’ve tried switching it off, taking it apart, cleaning down pinch points and sensor/ chip areas with alcohol etc - and no joy. This is the second time it’s done this - last time we were sent replacement chips I think which remedied it. Can you help?

1 Like

Hi @SamMistry ,

Sorry to hear about the problem.

It seems that you need to replace DFI sensor.

Is your robot still in warranty? Did you buy it from RobotShop or somewhere else?

Thank you.

Hi it was purchased in 2020 direct from Robot Shop.
We had this exact same issue in March 2022 and were sent replacement DFI sensors then which did fix it.
Since then I have been making sure the sensors and pinch points etc are all kept clean so disappointed this has recurred so quickly.
Re warranty - it will be out of warranty. I asked last year for help extending the warranty but never had responses (I can send emails).
Thanks
Sam

1 Like

Hi @SamMistry ,

Can you give us your order ID so we can check?

Thank you.

It’s 1046762

1 Like

Thank you.

Yes, it is out of warranty.

Based on your description of the problem, we would recommend that you replace DFI sensor and metal pins and the problem should be solved.

You can order these replacement parts here:

Here are video instructions that will explain you how to replace these parts:
Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXy7PBaiIQ
How To Replace Bonnet’s Pin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MEk3VfsUmo
How To Replace Base’s Pin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzw1KIQj2_M

We hope this helps.

Feel free to ask anything else.

1 Like