Litter Robot 3 - Orange LED blocked and nothing respond even power button

Hi there,

I’m happy to join the RobotShop community, cause today I need some help for troubleshooting and repair my cat’s Litter Robot 3, I did not find anwser on the forum yet.

Initial trouble :
I found the Litter Robot completely stuck in this position, with the orange LED quickly blinking (4 times / s) and all 3 buttons not working (cycle, reset and empty) :

After turn it off and on with the Power button, the Litter Robot was stuck with a fix blue LED :

Then I unpluged the power form the outlet and re-place the bowl manually in initial starting position after removing the bonnet.

What about now ?

• The Litter Robot auto power-on when plug-in the AC power, with a fix orange LED, and everything stucks : no motor moves, not any buttons works, even the power button, impossible to turn the robot off except when unpluging the power cord.
  • After waiting the whole night with the power unpluged, the robot turn on after pluging the power cord and pressing power-on button, but with a blue quick blinking LED (4 times / s). If I turn it off with the power button, I return stuck to the previous point when power it on again.

Things tried and checked for troubleshoot the issue :

• Installed on a flat floor with nothing touching the robot
  • Main Power output voltage : 15,06 V
  • Empty the drawer
  • Clean the drawer sensors
  • Use a vaccum to remove the litter dust
  • Continuity test of the contact between the bonnet and the base : OK
  • Voltage delivered to the motor wires (green and brown) when stuck with orange led : 0,00 V

Order references for the support :

• Product name : Litter-Robot 3 Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box EU
  • Order number : #1035235

Thanks you very much in advance for your precious help :slight_smile:

Benjamin

Hello @benjamin_brtrnd ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

According to the order number, the robot is no longer under warranty.

The issue that you are having would require replacing the DFI sensor and the 3 sets of pins so you can order the following parts from the following links:

The following videos will help you replace these parts.

Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation:

How To Replace Bonnet’s Pin: How to replace bonnet's pin on Litter robot III - YouTube
How To Replace Base’s Pin: How to replace Base's pin on Litter Robot III - YouTube

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi @Ebram ,

Thanks for your help !

I tried to unplug the DFI sensor connector from the motherbord, and then power-on the robot : no more orange LED stuck, and I can power-off and on the robot by using the power button. Of course the robot still does not work, and show a blue blinking LED, but I guess its normal with no DFI sensor connected :wink:.

Does it confirm actually that the issue come from the DFI sensor as you told me ?

One last question : the DFI sendor on the website ( Matériel Litter-Robot 3 Open Air DFI (v2) - RobotShop ) looks very different from the one I have I my Litter Robot 3, mine is longer, exactly like the one showed in the video you share. Is the webite photo non-contractual or is it even compatible version ?

Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Benjamin

Hello @benjamin_brtrnd ,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, this confirms that the issue is related to the DFI sensor.

The DFI sensor shown in the like is the new version and it’s compatible with your robot:
DFI v2

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

2 Likes

Hello @Ebram ,

I only ordered the DFI sensor : my anti-pinch, bonnet & base pins were good. I recieved the sensor today and remplaced it, the Litter Robot works like a charm !

So, my cats are happy and so do I, thanks again for your help, you guys rocks (y)

Sincerely,

Benjamin

1 Like

Hello @benjamin_brtrnd ,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad to hear that the robot is working properly now.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Litter robot DFI sensor issue