Litter Robot 3 OA Yellow Light Flashing (Pinch Detector Problem)

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I have a LR3 and since a few days the yellow light is flashing indicating there is something wrong with the pinch detector.

I have tried the following: take of the bonnet and out the globe. Looked for debris near the pinch detector and I’ve cleaned the pinch detector metal.

What I then did is replace the bonnet without the globe and it starts cycling when I turn in power. As soon as I put the globe back in, the yellow light starts flashing continuously again.

I have no idea how to fix this. Can somebody help, please? I’m going on a trip for a week next Friday
and someone is coming to babysit my three cats. I would rather not have to buy a new car litter box and make her scoop…

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Sander

Hello @Hies !

Great to see you around! I recommend you read this post, try the solutions described there. If not, go back to the forum to contact the support team.

I hope I can help you.

1 Like

Hi RoboCS,

Of appears the pinch detector clamps are corroded. This might be the cause of the problem, right?

I might have to get some new ones. However, since I’m in a hurry (I’m leaving on my vacation tomorrow) is there a way to bypass the anti pinch detector? Maybe just by leaving the plugs unplugged?

Hi @Hies,

Yes, these contacts are likely the problems. They need to be in contact, connected together, all the time in order to make Robot working. So, practically, they present short circuit.

We do not recommend bypassing this safety feature, because it is a safety feature :smiley:

Thanks for your reply! understand you don’t recommend it, but is there a way to do it temporarily? I am quite desperate right now. Of course I will replace the clamps as soon is I get back.

Who should I contact for a replacement kit?

Try to clean ones that you have with sandpaper and WD-40. Bend them, so they can make better contact.

Hello @Hies !

Maybe @pjutras could have an idea about the replacement kit.

1 Like

You would like to get a new pair of Anti-pinch pins? Are you still under warranty?

2 Likes