Litter level in Litter Robot 3

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: The litter level is not working correctly in the app. It doesn’t go up as litter increases, and sometimes the level goes down by itself. It never reaches full, although the litter is very full.

Hardware concerned: Litter Robot 3

Software concerned: iOS App

Troubleshooting steps already taken: cleaned sensor

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hi @miguel2020 !

Can you please provide your order ID?

Also, a screenshot from the app would help us!

Hi! Order ID is 1006347.

The needle goes a little bit up, but the after some time it comes down, without any reset. Really strange. So we never know when the litter is full.

Also the lights don’t blink when it’s full.

1 Like

HI @miguel2020!

Thank you for your reply.

Please check this troubleshooting: Litter Robot III Connect - Blue Blinking Light

You probably need to re-calibrate DFI sensor.

Hello, our problem is the opposite, the blue light never blinks, it’s always solid blue. Please advise.

Thanks,
Miguel

1 Like

Understood Miguel, but have you tried re-calibration? Sometimes, it won’t work first time, so it has to be repeated.

Ok I have reset the sensor and it now starts to move the needle.

But now it never reaches full. Even with the litter very very full.

Please advise.

Thanks.

1 Like

The app uses an algorithm to estimate how full the unit is based off the number of times it normally has to cycle for the unit to be full. The unit does know when the drawer it totally full but anything before that is a estimation. Overtime, once the app has compiled more data, the estimation will become more accurate. I would say everything is fine but to keep an eye on it over the next week or two.

Hi, after calibrating the sensor, the system seems to be working, although the needle moves too fast, compared to the actual level of the litter. I suppose the algorithm will slowly adapt to the real level, as we empty the litter when the “full” level alarm is reached.

Do you have any other recommendations, including mechanical maintenance, to make sure the unit lasts a long time? I mean about lubricating parts or other more in-depth maintenance procedures to be done once in a while.

Thanks!

1 Like

That’s good news Miguel,

We recommend that you clean your robot regularly, and it should be fine.

Never fill it too much with clean litter.

You can lubricate tracks for the globe from time to time.