Linefollowing Robot Using the BS2px?

I’m afraid you may have toasted your stamps comparitor by applying too high a voltage to the input(s). I never found any warning in the manual but I didn’t spend a great deal of time on it. Ran out of time. I know discrete op anps and comparitors can’t tolerate inputs higher than the supply voltage. Let me know… :frowning:

I was actually going to do it your way, but I felt I needed justification for buying the latest stamp on the market and that I should try out its new compare command. As it stands, I believe the stamp I got was defective from the start, as the first thing I did was wire it up to a couple of LEDs (with all the appropriate current limiting resistors, 5v power supply, etc.) and found that some of the I/O pins were doing weird things. One of them output a constant low voltage, the other wouldn’t respond to any commands. In any case, at the time I figured it might have been my breadboard, so I got started building this bot.

Now that I’m having all these issues with different circuitry, I’m thinking i should opt for a re-build and go with a simpler design.

Since it was faulty from the beginning, I think I’m going to send the stamp back to parallax and get a new one.

I think I might have too, I don’t know for sure though. The strange thing is, I’m using a 7.4 V 1200 mAh lithium polymer, but it’s outputting 13 V! :open_mouth: and even after I hooked it up to a 5V regulator, there was still 8V coming out of the output. I’m completely bamboolzed by that bit…

I think I’ll take your suggestions, and start from the beginning.

Thanks,
-Quarky

You might want to check out your multimeter as well - sometimes they read bad if the battery inside is dying, or it just stops working…

• Jon

Quarky,

Put two pots on each input and write a simplified program to it’s minimum. Just turn on and off an LED. If your meter is defective the stamp may still be ok. Going out on a limb here and say it could still be the program. Can you post a picture of your wiring and setup? Hope this helps, Jim