Lets Make a Simple Transistor or Relay Switch :)

I don’t have the ones from his second post in this thread, but the first post where he’s listing components i’ll add what he had, with addition, i added the component listings like the resistor values, but this was more for personal ease of use.
I suggest using the 22k resistor in place of the 10k resistor.

I can confirm the 22k resistor works just fine for this with a reduced power drain.

Depending on the MCU, you might want to skip R2 and D2. They are merely for indicators to show if it’s on or off.
LEDs might push the limit on the MCU’s current output.
Some MCU’s like the Basic Atom Nano, can handle 20-25mA on a pin.
Where as the atom pros have a much lower max current.

Thank you Fallentine!

funny way to drive the LED. Might be better to just drive it along with the relay coil. Less drive current from the uP.

Alan KM6VV

I was thinking that too. IE why i mentioned to skip them.
I skipped them due to size constraints, not knowing about the power issue before.

Wait till you guys see a project i’ll be doing sometime this month.
An AC power bar, that uses 10A relays, an MCU and can turn each socket on or off wirelessly.
5A relays would have worked, and is what i should have bought, cause these 10A relays are a little big.

We were just talking about adding more internet power controllers at work for the TE Lab. My local Halted Specialties company (just down the street in Sunnyvale, CA) has them.

Alan KM6VV