Laser cut tracked chassis for Tamiya 70097 motor/gearbox

Sold
How much uncluding UK delivery?

what about delivery to
what about delivery to Ireland ??

I’ll go to the pac ship

I’ll go to the pac ship tomorrow and find out - can you send me your shipping info offline?

I’ll check on Ireland as
I’ll check on Ireland as well - can you send your info offline?

Construction pics

Hot off the cutter with the blue film still on…

IMG_1088.jpg

Protective film removed and put together -

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Screwed together -

IMG_1095.jpg

With tracks (shaft inserted in toothed drive wheel set instead of mounting motor)

IMG_1102.jpg

sure… how do i send it to
sure… how do i send it to you offline?

uhm that a strange setup of
uhm that a strange setup of the screw… is it solid ? it looks like it’s kept in place by the nuts on the gaps…

Extremely solid - overkill
Extremely solid - overkill really. The joints are stronger than the surrounding acrylic as they are mechanically 5 times as thick.

are you using the tamiya
are you using the tamiya double gearbox ( 4 speeed ) ?

Actually, this one is
Actually, this one is designed for the Tamiya 70097 twin motor gearbox with two speeds. I’d have to get a four speed box in my hands and check the dimensions, but I think it’s within the design limits and space constraints to convert to the 4 speed box.

cool

i love the design

**same here! **

same here!

wow!

Wow! the chasis looks amazing! in some places the is more cheaper the chassis (aprox. $12) and motors aprox $11, I need make a mini-tank.

I sent you the specs of my

I sent you the specs of my engine and i was wondering if it would fit?

I took a look at them, and I

I took a look at them, and I would have to redesign the chassis to fit. Having said that, I think it’s doable but I’ll have to physicaly get one in my hands as there are some key dinensions that have to be accounted for that are not present on the factory drawing.

crap… if it is possible to
crap… if it is possible to adapt it that would be exelent cause the wood chassi isnt great.

Actually, I’ll order one and
Actually, I’ll order one and adapt the chassis to fit it. I think some of the mid-range gearing ratios are more realistic than the than the highspeed 58:1 on the 70097 - however, I think the 203:1 gearing on the 70097 is a better for this platform.

Website!
Well, the website is done and ready to go, just a few hosting issues. Should have everything resolved and ready to take orders Monday I hope!!

url?

maybe I missed it earlier, but what will be the URL? I’m eager to check it out and order stuff!

:slight_smile:

The plastic chassis
That chassis rocks. What plastic are you using, whats the price and where do you get it from (UK preferably)? I’ve got access to a laser cutter at school but I don’t think they’re gonna give me plastic for free…