Inverse kinematics 3 dimensions pi

resiliently I payed Raspberry Pi Lynxmotion AL5D Arm I and I tryed the Example in Lynxmotion of the 2D example

I want to use 3 dimensions on same code to pick and place a box using python

if any one has completed code of 3 dimensions code using python please help me here or any one have any solution for my problem

1 Like

Hi @saleh6449,

The basic examples is indeed only a 2D IK example. That being said, it should be noted that the AL5D itself is set on a 2D plane (not a 6 DoF arm) and therefore it is not too difficult to adapt this code to control also the base rotation and therefore go to 3D positions.

As you can see in the example code here, the tuple is initialized with default positions for the target X, Y, Z, G, WA and WR.

Lower in the example code (here) you have code to obtain the X & Y positions to perform an IK calculation using the library.

You probably noticed that the Z target is never updated and stays to the default value. In the AL5 library, the Z value is also untouched, too.

All you would need to do is determine what Z angle for the base is required to reach your 3D position (convert 3D Cartesian position of end effector >> 2D Cartesian position + polar coordinate’s angle for base [Z target]). See diagram below:

Sincerely,

3 Likes