ICE Battlebot

I would look into the NOvak HV maxx brushless system, it is a 14 volt system that has a 820 motor size(geussing on that part) and outputs plenty of torque, my freind runs one in his revo, which is normally a nitro monster truck, and he cna compeete if not outrun all of the hopped up.32 nitro guys! if money was not an issue I would vouch for a couple of those. I think they are rated for like670 oz/in off tourqe. that sould be plenty and u shouldn’t need a huge gear reduction. if do just strap in a multi gear transission, the normal electric rc tranny takes 120oz/in of torque and 23,000 rpms and takes thaem down to 700 rpm and like 340oz/in of torque. with that kind of tranny(may take a little bit ofresearch) you should be fine.

Well, I’m pretty much decided on car starter motors.

Mostly because my brother can get me a couple for free.

When I get done building the bot (which will take a few months or more), I’ll consider swapping them for more-efficient motors, so I can get rid of the huge weight of the car battery.

All their deficiencies aside, these babies truly are powerhouses.
I believe (from a no-load viewing of them spinning) that they’ll have more than enough power to melt my wheels when they go up against a wall, once I tone down their rpm’s a bit.

My battlebot project has been stalled by two things, though.

(1) I just got my biped.
(2) I still haven’t found a place to buy a used weedwacker engine (or scraped together $100-150 for a new one).