How to build your first robot - Part II - navigation

Much much faster, because of
Much much faster, because of the servos? What was your ratio used? And how do you introduce ratios when attempting to purchase servos, for example, you want a specific ratio, how do you say that for retails? Would it be measured, not just proportionally?

Lol I reread that,

Lol I reread that, confusing, nvm I mean could you give a link to the servos used?

Anything that can happen, will.

There is only one servo on

There is only one servo on the robot on this page. - And if you read part III you will see that it was crap :slight_smile:

No link, for once it was my local shop that actually had a part.

I see you ask a lot about servos everywhere - perhaps start a forum topic about it, ask in general what you’d like to know? That way all info is the same place, also for the next person in your place. perhaps name the forumtopic something like “Info about servos” or something, so it makes sense for the next one searching “info on servos”

Thanks,

/ Fritsl

Good Idea, will do

Good Idea, will do

Anything that can happen, will.

great work

can i have your email because i have a lot of questions to ask you

or you can add me my email is [email protected]

please i need any help avaliable

thanks

Please click on my picture,
Please click on my picture, read my profile, thanks :slight_smile:

you could put a small video

you could put a small video camera on the extra servo and see in your prespective what the robot see in its prespcctive.

He can also put a laser gun,
He can also put a laser gun, rocket launcher, BB Gun, Paintball gun and a micro proximity mine dropper with autonomous detanator on it

"He can…"? YOU can ;)It is

"He can…"?

YOU can :wink:

It is a tutorial :wink:

lower ratio rightangle shaft Gear Motors

What ratio are the gear motors used hear? Any guesses?

I cant seem to find any lower ration gear motors for the life of me though. Are they modified?

Can any body point me to any sites or suggest some search terms I could use?

Looking for a lower gear ratio than 143:1 (faster than the GM9) prefferably with a right angle shaft; and if at all possible US.

Thanks for any help; sorry if I seem like a huge noob. I am. =)

Did you try the sites where the GM9 is available?

This question would probably be better placed in the first part, “Start Here”, where the robot is being constructed. There it talks about getting the GM9s at Hobby Engineering. And you first ask about the ratio of those used, then state the ratio later. This is the same robot as the “Start Here” robot using the same GM9 motors.

Hobby Engineering has afater, lower gear ratio motor, but it has no matching wheel like the GM9 does. May sound easy, but getting a wheel on a motor takes some time. These motors are here :

http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1212.html

I was a bit confused about
I was a bit confused about that, the GMs did look the same but I noticed up top he has bulleted "The gearing on the motors is lower, so I have a faster robot (though it is not a speed-king, lol)" So I was curious as to what he used. Thank you for your replies though!

There is no way I can
There is no way I can remember what I used - the robot was build in some minutes, shot on video, and then used for something else :slight_smile:

would you by any chance be

would you by any chance be able to send me the code for this robot ?

Is that it on the top of the

Is that it on the top of the page?

maybe, will try it out on

maybe, will try it out on the robot tomorrow to see if it works.

add a paintball gun and a

add a paintball gun and a sensor that could track a target and that would be one hell of a fun toy !!!

the thing at the top is it

the thing at the top is it but it is complicated.
was wondering if i could have the code exacly like it was entered in the programe editor?

That is it. The excact code
That is it. The excact code used on the video, right there.

Hi Fritsl,Yerstday I have

Hi Fritsl,

Yerstday I have build my first robots starting from your tutorial. (well, not exactly the firts robot, the really first was the laugthing pumpking…:wink: ).

I have build it using the picaxe board and write my own code. I was not so much <span style=“cursor: pointer” onclick=“dr4sdgryt(event,“Ox”)”> satisfied for its motion, so I take a look to you code.

It’s interesting, probably I’ll rewrite my own code. I have just one question about your code: as I can read, MayTurn is an ‘undocumente’ variable. But how can it work? You NEVER assign a value to MayTurn!!

When you write

MayTurn = MayTurn + 1

I read undefined = undefined + 1

:wink:

(also, you never reset MayTurn)