Hitec 755 Horn Screw

hi @cbenson could you please elaborate on that , i have this same issue and doont want to thread the screw on the replacement HS 755 HB servo that i order today.

Thanks!

1 Like

@icemonk Welcome to the RobotShop Community. If you are talking about the HS-755HB, that should ideally be in a separate thread as this is about the LSS. Note that the 755 is not a servo we have ever heard of having threading issues with the screw, and provided you use the right Phillips head and push down a bit while rotating, it should be fine.

Since it does not relate to the LSS, we have split this conversation from where it was originally posted:
https://community.robotshop.com/forum/t/unable-to-remove-driving-horn-from-4-dof-arm-servo/75085/11

1 Like

Hi @cbenson thanks for moving the thread to the appropriate place! what is the correct Phillips head to use? I ordered a #2 phillips and #3 size phillips long-style screwdrivers from Amazon. So you are saying i dont need to do anything special to hold the horn in place while unscrewing? Just use one hand to keep it frommoving?

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Not really. The screw is just threaded into the splined section of the output shaft. You’ll also need to stop the horn from rotating with the screwdriver, but normally holding it by hand is enough. If not, just a pair of pliers. Can’t recall if there’s a lock washer under that screw (some Hitec servos have one while others don’t). Once the screw is out, the horn pops off (straight up). Note that if you want to add another horn, you need to position your servo in the appropriate angle (zeroed) before putting it on.

2 Likes