Free Range Robots (IR Beacon) **UPDATED**

The RadioShack part
And you set up the RadioShack IR reciever with the same circuit shown in the manual? I must be doing something wrong …

I can’t stress enough…
I did everything exactly like the manual and I have used 3 different brands of sensors. All work

Most parts like the ir

Most parts like the ir receivers have their own datasheets that show how you would set up their product. It’s best to refer to that document vs the one that is shown in the picaxe manual as far as other supporting comments are concerned. You should only have to worry about the signal line in the end.

This is one I worked on a while back that I included a connector(far back side)plus an led that showed I was getting a signal. no need to hook it up to a uProc to know that it worked. just a battery and a tv remote.

I used a pnp transisotor(top right) hooked up to the signal line to the led. This is a 38khz ir reciever btw bought from Mouser electronics. The one used here is the tsop4838

ir_complete_top.jpg

Thats awesome
Really good dude, it works like a dream.

That rocks Chris!So I assume

That rocks Chris!

So I assume this is the next logical step?

dewaltcharger.jpg

So what kind of sounds are possible with a PICAXE? I know when I was considering a re-charging unit for my bot, I wanted it to play a mp3 from a piglet nursing a sow :D Wouldn't that be coool !

:slight_smile:
that would be awesome

awesome why?
Nursery rhymes don’t travel well across cultural bounds. How about that mp3 here?

Grog–

I like your wall charger idea. I had the same idea in mind for placement of permenant beacons around the house. However, as soon as some money rolls in, walter is switching to a very big SLA battery for drive --30AH or so. The Dewalt battery pack is just temporary for testing.

On another note, riks cyclops is starting to show some real promise… Walter might have to make a switch from beacons…

oops
Guess I can kiss that TJ-vacation goodbye! Bossman wont let me go.
Got some telescopic work this weekend.