Fast yellow flashing light but motor wont turn Litter-Robot open air

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem as above. The litter box will have a quick flashing light and hasn’t moved in two days. I cleened it fully including the recently replaced sensors, took it apart to see if everything was connected, but nothing helps. I bought it via the robotshop with extended guarantee, what can i do? Thanks in advance!

Hello @Marloes,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

If the yellow light is blinking twice per second:

The Anti-Pinch safety feature is two pins connected to the motherboard that must touch each other continuously.

If they are separated, you will have an alarm(yellow blinking light). The Anti-Pinch safety is located in the top back left of the Litter-Robot base. You will need to unplug the unit, remove the bonnet, the globe and the drawer.

This video will help you locate them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkQTXxkXXA

It is ‘‘Two Metal’’ pin. With a flashlight, you should be able to see if they are touching each other or not. If they are not touching each other, try to re-position it with a flat screwdriver by pushing them upwards.

Note: If the pins were dirty or rusty, you can take them out and clean them with WD-40 and Sandpaper.

We hope this information will help you resolve the problem. Take care.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for this advice. I did that once you told me and it worked, happy cats and us. But yesterday the problem was again there. Today again I had to sand it down and now it is working again, but I wasn’t planning on doing this every two or three weeks, there won’t be but metal left then. Can you help me? Thank is advance!

Hello @Marloes,

Thank you for your reply.

Please provide us with a picture of the pins, maybe it’s time to replace them.

Please send us your order number to check your warranty status as well.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello,

The order numer is 661931.
I attached a photo before and after sanding

Thank you in advance! Hopefully it can be replaced quickly as it again is blinking just now

Hello @Marloes,

Thank you for your reply.

The pins need to be replaced.

You are still covered by the extended warranty so we can certainly send you replacement pins.

We will forward you to our internal support system to carry on with the process.

In a couple of minutes, we will contact you again with further details.

Sincerely,

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.