DFI failed again for the third time

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description: DFI flashes and will not reset, Litter robot 3 will not cycle

Hardware concerned:Litter Robot 3 , SN : LR3143729

Software concerned:NA

Troubleshooting steps already taken: Power cycle, check sensor and connectors, clean unit

Additional information: This is the third DFI failure I’ve had in about 12 months. It’s very frustrating and I don’t understand why they are not more reliable.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

HI @edster99

That is very strange.

Please check this topic: Litter Robot red light comes on with no activity

Can you locate some corrosion or short circuits on the board?

1 Like

Hi
there is no obvious corrosion apart from a little bit on the anti-jam bars. Any shorts that might be on there are well hidden if they exist. I wonder if the emitter is failing each time, but that’s purely speculation as I don’t have a means of testing it. It does look like the emitter is not in the right place for the cutout in the mount for the DFI board, so I dont know if that is having an effect although its been working fine for a few months. The plastic mount is clean in front of the emitter though.

1 Like

Hi @edster99 !

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have a chance to remove DFI circuit boards and to clean them with toothbrush and alcohol?

1 Like

Hi

yes I did this and it worked but only for a little while. Now its stopped working again, this time with a flashing blue / fast flashing yellow. I’ve filed the pinch connectors so that they are shiny new metal on shiny new metal and cleaned the DFI again. Still no difference. I didnt buy it to keep taking it apart all the time. Can you advise what the fix is?

1 Like

Hi @edster99

It seems that replacing DFI again is only solution.

Is your robot still in warranty?

Thank you.