Continuous servos

Okay I’ll try to post the

Okay I’ll try to post the picture later I just having a hard time getting a close up. The problem with the code I have posted is that the robot do like 3 circle to the right and the same back the other way. I have a PARALLAX (continuous rotaion) servo. So far I understand most of the code from the first robot but I don’t get why my servo is not working right.

I bought a standard servo

I bought a standard servo and its all working. My robot is alive!:slight_smile: next the YDM.

still have problems moving

still have problems moving my continuous servo motor in “background” (without using loops that is). I’ve read the manual again and again, and by what i’ve understood, the “servo” command sends pulses to the motor every 20ms, but still if i only use that my motors won’t turn (so far i’ve only managed to make them turn using a loop, which is annoying if you also want the brain to do other things).

Could you help me understand how it works? Frits suggested pwm pins, i haven’t tried them yet to be honest, but i’d prefer not to use them (need them for IR modulation) and since i know some of you have managed to make them run without them i’d like to know how :slight_smile:

**so… **

so can you just power the 360 servo with the pins on the picaxe board like a regular servo?

I was reading about the solarbotics "secret" motor driver, and they implied that you need to use an h-bridge …

you can use the same pins

you can use the same pins yeah. But i still can’t get it to work with “servo x,y”,unless i put the whole thing in a cycle, EG:

driveservo:

servo x,y

pause 20

goto driveservo

and some sort of driver will make everything easier, and by easier i mean not having the loop in your program, but still i saw some guys on this forum drive them “on the background”, without having any loops, just giving one command and that’s all.