Can't calibrate Phoenix hexapod

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Phoenix Hexapod
SSC-32U

calibration

The robot is up and running with a Botboardino and the recommended software. However, I can’t seem to calibrate the servos to remove minor position errors. I have tried the Flowbotics software on your web site, but I can’t figure out how to load the config values into the SSC-32U. I have also tried the lynx term software. With it, I can get the robot to move the servos and it seems to “write” the SSC-32U registers, but when I reboot it with the Botboardino, the servos are not calibrated. I’m using a 9v battery for logic power. I am providing power to the robot servos with 5v from a 2A wall wart. I realize that this is not ideal, but it seems to able to supply enough current to move the robot when its under the control of the Botboardino (sloppy movement). I have ordered some NiMH batteries from you but have not received them.
I need some guidance from you folks on how to get this thing calibrated. The SSC-32U manual is not much help in this regard.

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hey,

Concerning calibration, the best bet is to set the offsets in the registers of the SSC-32U directly. This can be achieved easily using Lynxterm.

Connect your computer to the SSC-32U either directly (removing the TX/RX from the BotBoarduino to it) or through the BotBoarduino (as a passthrough) and set the offsets.
See the following existing topics for explanations/examples/screenshots:

Sincerely,