BullyBot

Is the laser used?

I’d like to know if the laser is used for ranging or it’s only a light effect. I’m very interested because OddBot has already worked to a similar thing.

Very Nice bot!!!

Filip

hahahaha

wow lol. nice one. when my robo arm is done, itll pulverize yours though.

TCG, I was wondering if you
TCG, I was wondering if you still have your GM10 motors and was wondering if you would like to swap them for something. i am in the search for some :slight_smile:

Great new video, I had a
Great new video, I had a laugh! Eventually your "guests" will click that when you invite them over for a BBQ it`s really just feeding time for Bully.

awesome!
That video is so funny! Your bot is worth every ounce of effort put into it! I really want to make a BullyBot…

great!
Great video. I cant see the water, but that makes it extra funny to see your guest squirm and jump.

:D:D:D
:D:D:D

One word, AWESOME!
One word, AWESOME!

Can you do a WT for the targeting package?
pretty please with a diode on top?

in a word…

AWESOME!!!

Next project for you - Terminators. Nah, just kidding. By the way, I am also making a project with the Tamiya tank track kit, and I think that the reason for the track slipping is a lack of track tension. Then again, you are definately way more experienced than I am, so if its not tension, then its probably just cheap design causing your problems, as you pointed out. Great job with the robot, and please don’t set it on any of us (though feel free to set it on my d-bag classmates)

can you share your codes??

I’m looking to build a pan/tilt IR tracker using a mintduino and a “motion sensor” from radio shack. Basically a stationary turret, But I want to separate the IR tracker from the airsoft gun completely. I’m having trouble finding a suitable code and don’t have the first clue to writing one… could you share your program codes that I could try to change to suit my needs, or possibly help me write the code.

in a word

Skynet

This is SO WICKED!!
This is SO WICKED!!

Heehee, thanks, can’t wait

Heehee, thanks, can’t wait to get it working :slight_smile:

Dan

Cool, I really like it.Maybe

Cool, I really like it.

Maybe not adding another servo for support, but just an axle (steel pin). So it still can rotate and gets supported. How are you going to do the finding of the other robots part? By adding a camera, and do blob recognition? I’d love to see someone getting a relatively cheap webcam to work with a microcontroller. I need to figure out soon how they work.

Yeah, an axle would probably

Yeah, an axle would probably make more sense, I really don’t need any extra power there, so a second servo would just be a waste of money and battery power.

As for finding the other robots, I figured I’d just add an IR LED to each robot, and use IR detectors on this one. I’d much rather be able to find them without needing help on their end, but I can’t think of any way to do that. Eventually I’d love to get into image processing and stuff, I’ve got lots of ideas for things I could do if I could actually detect objects in a camera image, but for now I don’t know how to even start on something like that, and I’m not really ready to drop the $100+ on something like the CMUCam just as a learning experience yet :slight_smile: But it’s something I really want to learn how to do eventually.

Dan

Salvaging camera chips from optical mice

Hi Dan,

This looks like a really awesome project! …and how typically american to incorporate guns in robot building ;-).

I have seen one guy do a home-made camera for his robot using a camera chip from an optical mouse and mounting a lens in front of it. I guess that solution wouldn’t be too expensive but of course it will only give you something like a 30x30 image in greyscale. Unfortunately the guy didn’t document anything other than the chip being an ADNS-3060 and that he found a suitable lense at www.optics-online.com.

I’m lovin’ it
Cracker. Looking forward to the vids. Can you make it chase Frits’ YDM? Please?

indeed, do you think it
indeed, do you think it would be easy to hack a webcam, and connect it to a microcontroller? Most webcams have a USB cable, so the instructions to get it to work (ie. record etc.) are all serial instructions which in theory could be easily given via a microcontroller (DB9). But the instructions to send are nowere documented… or are they? And will be different for each webcam I think. I’d really love to see some instructions / tutorial on how to get me started, so if you find any, don’t hesitate ;). If I don’t find any usefull tutorials I think in the summer break (2 weeks from now) I will try to hack a webcam and document it, and share my findings. It’s gonna be fun.

Hmm I haven’t got a clue as

Hmm I haven’t got a clue as how to hack a webcam :-). I think maybe you have to do a whole lot of coding to get the USB stack implemented - although I have no experience with that.

It would be a nice project to do since it will be much more affordable for everyone to just grab a webcam for their uC instead buying something like the CMUCam. I wish you luck!