Arduino 5 Minute Tutorials: Lesson 5 - Servo Motors

I’m hoping to use two servo motors in tandem that will move slightly once a pressure switch is depressed and will return back to their resting state after the button is released. Is this possible with one singular Uno?

@Logan James Absolutely.

How to write a program if 5 servo motors run at a time

@ayanth pg You should use the Arduino servo library - it makes using servos even easier, and you can run many servos at the same time.

Hi, Coleman Benson, I have 180 degrees servo. I found code . If I press and hold the button, servo moves from 0 to 90. But I want that servo need move after 10 seconds as soon I pressed and holding button. What can I do? I added delay(10000). but nothing happened. Please help me

@Koko The delay should do it, provided it’s before the command to move the servo, and after the button press.

I have Vex 3-wire motors and wired them to an Arduino Uno. Things started out fine, the motors (not at the same time) turned when they should. But then started to run slower, and slower till they would not run. Swapping motors did not help. Simplifying back to the basic wiring for 1 motor did not help. Any clues?

@Sam You should not be connecting the motors directly to an Arduino, since the Arduino cannot provide the required current or voltage. If you have a different motor, please create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum with details of the parts you are using.

my servo MG946R is not responding when I give it two positions whose difference of angle is less than 20 degrees eg. my servo does not respond when i gave it to positions like 60 degrees and 70 degrees and i want to work between 0-5 degrees what should i do…??

@Shaheer The requires troubleshooting, and a LOT more detail. We suggest you create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum and provide as many details about your setup and program as possible.

Hi Mr. Benson I hope you are pretty well , Im writing to ask about my project , Im using 4 servomotors that use from 6V to 7.8 V and I want to control them with an Arduino board however I dont know which is the best option , I was thinking in Arduino One because is the cheapest option but I read that it only supplies 5V so I wont be able to power my servos, so I was thinking if I can use an external power supply for this?
Thank you.

@Samantha Abrego Don’t use the Arduino’s 5V output pin to power the servos. You can use a 7.2V LiPo pack to power both the Arduino and the servos. You’ll need to split the power source between the Arduino and the servos, ensuring each gets V and GND. Each of the servo’s GND pin needs to be connected to the Arduino’s GND pin as well. The Arduino Uno is a very standard choice. You can save wiring by choosing an IO shield which has separate Vin.

how to control using servo motors with 555 timers?

@GOKULLNATH That’s beyond the scope of this article, and we do not suggest it: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/can-i-control-a-servo-with-a-555-timer

If i program a led in arduino using android by uploading code
Then i have to program servo motor then what step will follow

@Vimal There is actually a servo library for the Arduino software which you can use. It makes working with RC servos quite easy.

Sir, I need a program to turn a servo 180°, wait for at least 10 secs and then rotate back to its original position. Please help

@Chiranjeev Sarmah We do not provide custom code here. Take a look at the servo library and use the delay function.

Sir , we are making a 6 servo(futaba s3003) motor biped robot(arduino controlled) .We are confused about how to power motors. Somewhere we read it requires 1ma 5V battery and somewhere it says 40ma, 1A, 2A. Can you please tell us the exact configuration of the battery we should be using and also the range of current within which the servo motors work .

@Vinayak Gupta The S3003 seems to be a standard servo which would operate at 4.8V to 6V, with 6V being best. Unfortunately not much information is given about current consumption, so you can assume around 250mA (contact the manufacturer to get a more accurate figure). You should use a 4xAA battery pack which can output around 2A continuously. https://www.robotshop.com/en/nickel-metal-hydride-battery-packs.html