A4954 Dual H-Bridge DC Motor Controller Board

I am searching for a way to make an H-Bridge as a motor controller. The Dual H-Bridge board offered is a good start for now. Is the schematic avaliable so that I can complete my analysis of the design? Next, the applicaiton is for a motor voltage of 150-200 VDC. The A4954 must be removed and other low voltage components and replace with devices that function at the higher voltage. Can standard MOSFETs be mounted on this board along with a heat sink? Are there pin compatable IGBT/MOSFET driver IC that will work up to 200 VDC? Are there other solutions that you may offer? Thanks.

Hi,

Here is the schematic for the A4954 Dual H-Bridge DC Motor Controller.
However, as you mentioned, the A4954 Dual H-Bridge DC Motor Controller can drive DC motors from 8V to 40V and it’s not suited for high voltage dc motor control.
Therefore, we don’t recommend you to base yourself on this controller to design a high voltage motor controller as the circuitry, components and driving method used will certainly be different.
You are more looking for industrial motor controllers. Please take a look at this link.

Regards,

I agree the A4954 would be difficult to redesign and use at higher voltages. The link provided for a H-Bridge module that operates at higher voltage is a very nice product and may be able to use for another application in the future. But the switching speed is too slow. We would like to see switch speed of less than 1000 nS. Also would need input isolation and DC-DC power supply for the high side MOSFET. See if you know of any other H-Bridge product.

Hi,

Please take a look at our Brushed DC Motor Controllers section.

Cheers,

All of the product listed are great and could be used for other applications. Our application is 150 VDC and up to 10A PWM at 15 KHz. Many products avaliable for below 56 volts and almost none for above 100 volts. The power levels are low but the voltage is high. It may be time to develop a PCB and start testing.

When it comes to DC Motor Control, I have never used H Bridge instead I always use Relay circuits to control the direction of my DC Motors. Here’s some Relay links which will help you in understanding the Relay concept as well as will help yo in interfacing your DC Motor with Relays:

theengineeringprojects.com/2012/10/what-is-relay-and-how-to-use-it.html What is Relay and How to use it ??
theengineeringprojects.com/2014/11/relay-simulation-in-proteus-isis.html Relay Simulation in Proteus
theengineeringprojects.com/2012/11/relay-interfacing-with-microcontroller.html Relay Interfacing with Microcontroller using ULN2003
theengineeringprojects.com/2015/05/relay-control-using-555-timer-in-proteus-isis.html Relay Control using 555 timer in Proteus ISIS
theengineeringprojects.com/2013/06/dc-motor-drive-circuit-in-proteus-isis.html DC motor Control in Proteus ISIS

I hope these tutorials will help you in interfacing of DC with Relays. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks.