A quick question about helicopter rotor thrust for new idea

:smiley:
great to see you have taken on every part of this project. its good that you are taking your time also. The updates are great and always looking forward to more.

never see things with as a bad thing …its all progress.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
Yeah, it’s just a shame that I’m having to slow things down though - I was getting to the good bits. :laughing:
About 2 hours ago, I was inspired by an old anime called Medabots (that I used to watch as a child) to start a second small project while Red Nova snoozes :wink: - a mini biped/humanoid robot (hopefully no larger than 15cm) equipped with sensors, mini weapons and is compatible with the current remote control I’m working on. :mrgreen:

I’m trying out the Fusion Robot (from before) since that’s the smallest biped I currently have assembled. ^___^

AKdaBAOUS

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to announce that I’ll be starting another project (in addition to the currently ongoing Red Nova) - a mini-humanoid robot called “Absolute Zero” (he’s so cool, he’s cold) 8) . Cheesy, yes I know, but I just thought it sounded hilarious. :laughing:
I’ve done some quick sketches for leg/arm configurations and I’ve got a basic idea to build upon so I’ll try to knock this project out before I focus my full attention on Red Nova - unfortunately, this’ll be the last update I post until after June 4th (my last exam) which is when I’ll be Robotizing full time. :wink:

Before I go, here are some photos of the new bracket design - I went for a small and simple design to reduce size and weight. The internal holes have been countersunk allowing the servo to fit in ‘snugly’ within the bracket and is it just me, or does the bracket look a bit like a Chariot? ^___^

Anyway, enjoy the photos and see you guys in about 3 weeks! :mrgreen:

AKdaBAOUS

Shapeways ?

Yep. :mrgreen:
I’m trying out a few different companies at the moment and Shapeways so far has my vote. ^___^

They are more easy for people like us.
I had some quote and order at 3dworknet (same process and same printer) but Shapeways is still better in price

They look pretty cool - I’m going to try out 3dprint-uk.co.uk/ as well since they’re closer to home and they gave me a cheaper quote than Shapeways for some brackets. :mrgreen:

Hay they have updated their website. looks much better.

I did go to them once for a quote and they were more than Shapeways and in actual fact they pointed me back to Shapeways as they new they would be cheaper. i would like to move to a UK company but i get everything i need “and then some” from Shapeways.

If only i could get my hands on one of those machines… !

Yeah, I know what you mean - I ended up sticking with Shapeways because like you said, they have more to offer and they’ve already won my vote for their range of colours. :laughing:

Every hobbyist’s dream … :wink:
I have found a few small nice ones but they all start off at about £1000 for the basic model :cry: although I might be able to save up for one from my summer job so fingers crossed. :mrgreen:

i dont mean PLA. i dont want an extruder printer. i want a powder builder. Laser sintering like shapeways. 8)

Ok, i will keep the delta… :stuck_out_tongue:

… Humm. Dame it [message not ment to be seen by Eric] LOL

This one looks pretty good and isn’t that expensive compared to others. ^___^
formlabs.com/products/our-printer

Oh nice. the cheapest stereolithography printer iv seen.

There is hope. :smiley:

Fingers crossed. :mrgreen: