Small, load carrying robot w/API and programmable UI

Hi…my company makes sensors and I’d like to mount one on a robot. The sensor weighs about 4lbs with approximate dimensions of 6" (W) x 9" (L) x 4" (H).

Ideally, I’m looking for a programmable robot that can control our sensor. More specifically, the robot would need the ability to: 1) connect to our sensor via USB or Bluetooth; 2) it would need to be programmable so that it could send/receive JSON data to our sensor and send the data back to the robot’s remote control; and 3) the robot’s remote control would need to have a programmable UI so that part of the UI can control the robot and another part can control our sensor. My preferred language is Python but I’m open to others as well.

Can anyone in this community recommend an affordable robot that could fit these requirements? If these requirements are too complex, I’m also open to just a load-carrying robot; in the case, I would control our sensor via a separate remote control.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @pbergmans01 and welcome to our forum!

Here is my suggestion: myAGV- Highly-Mobile Raspberry Pi-Based Robotics Platform - RobotShop

According to the datasheet (https://download-elephantrobotics.oss-cn-shenzhen.aliyuncs.com/software/Handbook/myAGV%20Product%20Brochure220826.pdf) it can carry up to 2kg weight (which is little bit more than 4lbs).

Also, it is based on Raspberry Pi, so you can program it in Python (which is your preferred language).

In the end, I think the price is very good. What do you think?