Remote control lawnmower

I’m in the process of building a remote controlled lawn mower. It will be 4 wheel drive 4 24 volt 250 watt 13.4 amp 75 r/min wheel chair motors. I’m planning on using 2 12 volt 35 amp hr. batteries wired in series. I will use a Flysky controller and receiver. I was thinking of using the Cytron 2 channel 60 amp MDD 60. This machine will be heavy and used for slope mowing a ditch. Will this work? What gauge wire should I use and what size fuse. Also I need a servo to turn the mower motor on and off. Thanks for any help,
Rick

1 Like

Hi @RickL68 and welcome to our forum.

Since you want to build 4WD, will you be using two of these drivers or you will connect two motors in parallel per one channel of the Cytron MDDS60 driver?

I will connect two motors in parallel

1 Like

In this case, if you look at the nominal amperage, MDDS60 should be able to handle this well. How this will behave in real life, you cannot know until you build it and test it.

Do you know what is the maximum, stall current for these motors? Based on it, you could choose gauge wire and fuses.

I don’t know what the maximum stall current is. I saw some things on google that told how to figure it out, but I didn’t understand how to do it. Also do I need to buy a separate DC converter step down regulator to power a servo? Still don’t know for sure what size fuse to get. I’m going to use 10 gauge wire for everything, might be overkill, but better too big than too small.

1 Like

The fuse protects the wiring, Fuses prevent fires.

I would suggest rating the wiring for at least the stall current of all 4 motors simultaneously,
and select a fuse to match.

For the servo, it depends which one you choose, but maybe you could connect it directly to Flysky receiver?