HT1 Servo connected to SSC-32U not recognized in LSS config

I have an HT1 servo connected to SSC-32U VS1 0 Using the 4 pin connector on the HT1 and the 3 pin connector on the SSC-32U. The green wire on the 4 pin to 3 pin connector is not connected to anything. 12V is connected to VL and VS1. The SSC-32U is connected to a windows computer via usb. Blue Red and Green LED are lit on the board. Using the button menu for the HT1, I set it to LSS-- Solid blue confirmation on HT1. When powering up the SSC-32U, the LED flashes Red Green Yellow Red Off.

LSS config connects and verifies the connection in the message box. I also get a message “The selected servo is a meta servoIt does not have configuration or telemetry”. LSS all is selected in the Servo drop down. Scan did not find any servos.

Using the same setup, I tried ssc-32_servo_sequencer_utility. Set to 9600 baud, and auto, the found light comes on and shows a bar on input A. The boxes are checked for servos 0-3. The servo does not move then using the slider controls.

The RX and TX yellow and green A LEDs are flashing

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

@Wille Welcome to the RobotShop Community.

To confirm, the SSC-32U is an RC servo controller and doesn’t work with the LSS Config. The LSS Config needs to ideally talk directly with the LSS servos. You can operate the Lynxmotion smart servos using an SSC-32U but the servos need to be in RC mode, and you need to use an SSC-32U compatible program like the SSC-32 Sequencer, Lynxterm etc.

If you want to connect the smart servos to the LSS Config, you’d need either the LSS Adapter (which handles USB to serial), another USB to serial adapter (but more complex wiring) or a microcontroller like the LSS-2IO.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I’ll try your suggetions

In RC mode, SSC-32 Servo sequencer controls the HT1-- just like you suggested. My ultimate objective is to control things using RS232 from a Brightsign Player.

This is the adapter you were referring to - LSS-ADA Board- correct?

What are the advantages of LSS using the LSS Adapter? Feedback?

Can I still send serial controls – via the usb connector through the LSS adapter?

Will all methods use the same serial command syntax?

Is it possible to change the baud rate on the SSC-32U? On the HT1 in RC mode?

Thanks

RS232 from a Brightsign Player. This is the adapter you were referring to - LSS-ADA Board- correct?

Negative. This is the LSS Adapter:

What are the advantages of LSS using the LSS Adapter? Feedback?

You would be able to operate the servos via serial commands, which allows for more configurations and feedback.

Can I still send serial controls – via the usb connector through the LSS adapter?

Correct.

Will all methods use the same serial command syntax?

Yes, the servos use the “LSS Communication Protocol” here:

Is it possible to change the baud rate on the SSC-32U? On the HT1 in RC mode?

Yes for the SSC-32U via the button (refer to the manual)
Yes for the LSS ONLY in serial mode.

Hope this helps,

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have been sending some serial commands and have gotten the LSS to opertate. I will probably order the other input board soon.

Peter

2 Likes