Its been a long time coming, but I am proud to introduce you to the Tadpoles...
The Tadpole is simply a perfect platform for the beginners and advanced robot folks alike. It can be as simple as a Spurt bot or as complex as one wants including abilities like mapping and datalogging. There is no soldering required and the entire assembly can be done in an hour, with one screwdriver.
The Tadpole can be purchased as a bare chassis allowing you to use your own Arduino Uno or Duemilanove board (with motor driver shield), the "standard" Picaxe 28 board or Picaxe's new Shield Base system. If you would like a more complete package, you can get the Tadpole with a sensor (obstacle or line-follow) and with a micro controller, Micro Magician or Mini Driver.
- Dagu Mini Driver
- Dagu Micro Magician
- Rocket Brand Studios Nano Undershields
- Standard Arduino Boards
- Picaxe "standard" 28x board
- Picaxe's new Shield Base system
- A little Phillips-head screwdriver Maybe a pair of pliers would be handy, but you really don't need it
- (4) Rechargeable AAA batteries (No alkaline)
- USB cord (You already have this, its a "regular USB" to "mini-regular" USB. --Its the one that goes to your camera... ...C'mon, you actually have 20 of these cords in a drawer or your "cord box", let's not kid ourselves here...)
Does Almost Everything
- Actuators / output devices: Little Black Duck Motors
- Control method: autonomous
- CPU: MicroM, MiniD, Uno, Picaxe28x
- Power source: (4) AAA
- Sensors / input devices: IR, xbee, Line, BT, bump, phone
- Target environment: indoor