Start Here Robot #344

Posted on 16/04/2011 by lightsout
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

Done. That was great. Nice kit. A few hiccups, but overall it was done pretty quickly and painlessly.  <!--break--> A few problems I stumbled across on my way to completion:  <!--break--> 1. Before I purchased I asked Solarbotics if the correct adaptor for the sharp sensor was included, however they shipped a general three wire harness, but don't include directions on how to solder it to the infrared sensor. I thought that was a little sly and decieving, but ...

Start Here Robot #344

Done. That was great. Nice kit. A few hiccups, but overall it was done pretty quickly and painlessly.

<!--break--> A few problems I stumbled across on my way to completion: 

<!--break--> 1. Before I purchased I asked Solarbotics if the correct adaptor for the sharp sensor was included, however they shipped a general three wire harness, but don't include directions on how to solder it to the infrared sensor. I thought that was a little sly and decieving, but figured I could figure it out. 

<!--break--> 2. I was able to find instructions on how to solder the sensor and wires on solarbotics flickr website, but the wires are reversed to Fritsl's photos in the instructions. I combined the two using solarbotics soldering techniques with Fritsl's layout. Results were good. no fried sharp sensor.http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarbotics/5414555926/in/photostream 

<!--break--> 3. Assembly was smooth.

<!--break--> 4. Programming was a little bumpy, but I am a complete noob so I expected problems in my least competent area.

<!--break--> Programming issues - Make sure your batteries are charged, if not it will not program correctly

<!--break--> - If you are using a Mac and having issues loading the program onto your PicAxe check out this function. interrupt:return I found it on MnGeeky's post and it saved me a lot of time. 

<!--break--> https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/26152

Now its time to modify the settings and play with it a bit.  

Obstacle Avoidance

• Operating system: Mac
  • Power source: 1.25 x 4 rechargables
  • Programming language: Picaxe basic
  • Sensors / input devices: SHARP IR sensor
  • Target environment: inside
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post