SANDWICH-3000

Posted on 25/04/2010 by kikez
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

SANDWICH-3000 This is my first robot called Sandwich-3000, which is basically a line follower robot. It was taken from the popular book "Robot Building for Beginners" by David Cook. I think is a good book to start with. Theory is explained in a very pleasant and easy to understand way. I made it with off-the-shelf parts only, and if you do not want to wander around different places looking for them, there is an online store at Solarbotics.com where you can find the kit with electronic components ...

SANDWICH-3000

SANDWICH-3000

This is my first robot called Sandwich-3000, which is basically a line follower robot. It was taken from the popular book "Robot Building for Beginners" by David Cook. I think is a good book to start with. Theory is explained in a very pleasant and easy to understand way. I made it with off-the-shelf parts only, and if you do not want to wander around different places looking for them, there is an online store at Solarbotics.com where you can find the kit with electronic components and a very well made PCB for a reasonable price. My robot does not need a programmable chip. Instead, it uses the LM393 dual comparator that makes him decide where to go.

For sensors, it uses two pairs of cadmium sulfide photo-resistors. To make the wheel coupler easier to work with and mold, I used a plastic tube and a pair of plastic standoffs instead of metal pieces as suggested in the book. It was a fun project that I finished a couple of years ago and I think it will appeal to those who want to begin this hobby.

A nice PCB

Line-following robot

• Actuators / output devices: 2 GM2 Gear Motors, Flashing lights
  • Control method: autonomous
  • Power source: One 9V battery
  • Sensors / input devices: cadmium-sulfide photoresistors
  • Target environment: indoor on smooth surfaces
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post