S.P.E.A.R v2 6WD - Self Powered Electric Agile Robot
Its been almost a year since I post v1 of my robot. Wow! After being lost in RC world of airplanes, quadcopters and helis for a year I finally managed to work on my robot again! What has been redone / added for v2:
- True 6 WD locomotion, all wheels are being driven by 3 brushed motors.
- 3x 20A brushed ESC's
- 5Ah 2s LiPo
- 2.4 Ghz RC through arduino.
Writing the code for the RC was a nightmare! I spend the whole night writing code that would noticeably lag the arduino chip, deleting whole code and starting again. After the second video was done I rewrote the whole logic of driving the motors again, and I am not done yet! Who would have thought there will be so many "underwater stones" in doing this!
To come are:
- 2x sonic range finders for autonomous and semi-autonomous drive
- 2x temperature sensors for the motors (I almost fried one of the motors after driving for 20 min for the video)
- LED stripes just for looks and night drive =)
- Brake LEDs, steering LEDs
- Remove the wiring mess and make nice and sleek connections
What not-so-hard-to-add features could I add? Any suggestions?
ps. Compare the two videos in terms of speed and power :D Poor v1 looks very bad compared to his bigger brother v2 :(
Introducing my first working arduino robot. Based on an old RC car I bought off my friend ;) It had IR range finder that I burned so I decided to make IR remote control for now to test it driving capabilities. Note that on the video the motors only get 1A out of maximal 5A. I had only two L293D motor drivers at the moment. Because of that it can only go forward and backward for now.
Currently the robot has arduino Duemilanove with two L293D on board. IR detector for remote cotrol and a buzzer for sound notifications when the command from the TV remote was successfully received. You can change the speed of the robot by clicking volume up/down on the remote.
Confirmed future features / imporevemts:
- New 5000 LiPo battery for more power
- Five L293 motor driver or two ESC for 70W of power or 5A per motor. The robot will be able to rotate / turn.
- 2.4Ghz radio remote control. With above = unlimited fun and nice videos ;)
- IR and/or sonic range finders for autonomous drive and supported remote control.
- Many more
Thats for the near future.
Thanks everyone on this site for sharing information and especially I want to thank everyone helping me in my thread here: https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/26220.