Rotary Stewart Platform 2013

Posted on 17/09/2013 by aggrav8d
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

This is an update to my previous Stewart Platforms. This is one of the first I truly feel is "done enough" - there are no outstanding technical issues that bug me, the manufacturing is straightforward, and the software to run it is coming as fast as I can get it made.  I intend to build larger and larger versions from here on out based on this model. Features Runs on GCODE Limit switches & homing (G28) No 3D printed parts 1500g static holding force (worst case, tested to failure)20 ...

Rotary Stewart Platform 2013

This is an update to my previous Stewart Platforms. This is one of the first I truly feel is "done enough" - there are no outstanding technical issues that bug me, the manufacturing is straightforward, and the software to run it is coming as fast as I can get it made.  I intend to build larger and larger versions from here on out based on this model.

Features

• Runs on GCODE 
  • Limit switches & homing (G28) 
  • No 3D printed parts
  • 1500g static holding force (worst case, tested to failure)
  • 20 degrees pitch & roll
  • 10 degrees yaw
  • 100mm heave
  • 40mm surge & sway
  • Measures 165mm across the top, 230mm across the base, 190mm high at rest, ~230mm at center position 
  • Weighs ~1650g. 150g less and it could carry a copy of itself!

It took 3h to assemble, program, and test.  I already had the firmware from a previous project.  I guesstimate it would take someone new 5h with a soldering iron, a screwdriver, and some crazy glue/contact cement.

My goal with these robots is to Raise Robot Literacy - dispell popular myths about robots and increase the number of people who can make, think, and talk about robots.  I hope you will support me in this endeavour by sharing this with your robot-minded friends.

6DOF motion control platform

• Actuators / output devices: 6 stepper motors @ 400 steps/turn @ 1/16 microstepping
  • Control method: serial gcode
  • CPU: Arduino
  • Operating system: Arduino
  • Power source: 12v2a
  • Programming language: Arduino C
  • Sensors / input devices: 6 limit switches
  • Target environment: indoor
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post