Rebuilding an Omnibot2000

Posted on 31/10/2009 by glycol
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

I have always loved the looks of the omnibots and have the bigger ones. I found this omnibot on Ebay and I figured that the box like body would be big enough for bigger batteries and bigger brains. Before I started my build I managed to get the omnibot logicboard to run. This is why I made this video, I couldn´t find any good on the internet. On the video the robot is remotecontrolled using the stock remote. I now got one working omnibot2000 and one with a fried brain. The second one is were the ...

Rebuilding an Omnibot2000

I have always loved the looks of the omnibots and have the bigger ones. I found this omnibot on Ebay and I figured that the box like body would be big enough for bigger batteries and bigger brains. Before I started my build I managed to get the omnibot logicboard to run. This is why I made this video, I couldn´t find any good on the internet. On the video the robot is remotecontrolled using the stock remote. I now got one working omnibot2000 and one with a fried brain. The second one is were the fun stuff is going in. Any suggestions on what type of interface board i should use with the ITX board. Currently using a Velleman usb I/O. I also have an ER-1 kit made by Evolution Robotics but its kind of limited.

I Have no programming skills at all. Just tried a little visual basic 6, because i had the CD.

Bumping into stuff!

• Actuators / output devices: Stock omnibot motors with original 2 speed electronic gearbox
  • Control method: Telepresence or remotecontrolled
  • CPU: Omnibot logic, mini itx with Atom 1.6 Ghz
  • Operating system: Windows XP Pro
  • Power source: 12v 17 Ah, Morex 6-30VDC atx powersupply
  • Programming language: Visualbasic 6
  • Sensors / input devices: Modified logitech4000 usb-webcam
  • Target environment: indoor
Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post