My robot for LARC 2011 competition

Posted on 24/09/2011 by aleel5
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

(new video uploaded) This is my robot for the 10° latin american robotics competition, LARC2011. http://www.ieeelarc.org The robot will participate in the OPEN category.   From the site: "Every day of our lives, robotics is getting closer to the common population by developing home, industrial, medical, construction and work tasks. In this occasion, the Latinamerican Robotics Competition proposes the construction of a coffee collector Robot, given the fact that the region is one of the ...

My robot for LARC 2011 competition

(new video uploaded)

This is my robot for the 10° latin american robotics competition, LARC2011. http://www.ieeelarc.org

The robot will participate in the OPEN category.

From the site:

"Every day of our lives, robotics is getting closer to the common population by developing home, industrial, medical, construction and work tasks.

In this occasion, the Latinamerican Robotics Competition proposes the construction of a coffee collector Robot, given the fact that the region is one of the greatest coffee producers worldwide and most of the work is done by human workers collecting each coffee bean.

The competition formulates to the participants the construction of a Robot capable of collecting ripe and overripe beans leaving the green ones in the tree. The collected beans must be classified and transported to a storage area located in a place called "beneficiadero".

Objective of the competition

The scenario represents part of a coffee crop composed of three trees where the ripe (red and orange), green and overripe (blue) beans are located and represented by golf balls. Besides the crop, the storage area is composed of two chutes represented as a blue and red boxes.

At the center of this scenario, there are two hollow spaces symbolizing the water storage area where the beans are cleaned. This spaces must be avoided by the robot when navigating from the tress to the storage area.

The Robot must be capable of differentiate the coffee beans by their color; take only the ripe and overripe beans and deposit them in their corresponding chute according their classification."

Spanish rules in PDF

Coming soon: videos

Differentiate the "coffee beans" by their color; take only the ripe and overripe beans and deposit them in their corresponding chute.

• Actuators / output devices: 2 standar servos + 2 continuous rotation servos
  • Control method: Autonomus
  • CPU: PIC18F4520
  • Power source: 11.1V 1000mAh LiPo
  • Programming language: C
  • Sensors / input devices: 6 QRD1114 + 2 GP2Y0A21YK + 1 simple phototransistor
  • Target environment: indoor
Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post