MSP430 Line Follower

Posted on 19/11/2012 by sillycrackers
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

This is a line follower that uses a MSP430G2553 16 bit microcontroller and a L293d motor driver. There are 5 cny70 analog infrared sensors that feed the value to the 10 bit adc on the microcontroller. I have implemented a PID routine mixed in with some random control logic. Faster motors are currently on the way which will make it go twice as fast. I attached the main.c source code if anyone is interested. Link to video if site not working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf13Ptlydhg Future improvements: Lipo ...

MSP430 Line Follower

This is a line follower that uses a MSP430G2553 16 bit microcontroller and a L293d motor driver. There are 5 cny70 analog infrared sensors that feed the value to the 10 bit adc on the microcontroller. I have implemented a PID routine mixed in with some random control logic. Faster motors are currently on the way which will make it go twice as fast.

I attached the main.c source code if anyone is interested.

Link to video if site not working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf13Ptlydhg

Future improvements:

• Lipo battery instead of 9volt
  • Fuzzy logic instead of PID

Follows a line

• Actuators / output devices: 30:1 micro metal dc motors
  • Control method: embedded microcontroller
  • CPU: Msp430g2553
  • Power source: 9 volt
  • Programming language: C
  • Sensors / input devices: 5 infrafed reflective
  • Target environment: indoor
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post