Mobot 2009

Posted on 05/04/2009 by beowulf
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

This is my entry for Carnegie Mellon's Annual Mobot Race.  The object of the race is to follow a line.  This robot has yet to be named as as tested didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.  The front of the robot has a 4 bar linkage which would allow the sensor to ride along the ground.  All it does however is get caught and drag when the robot tries to turn. It is also very slow.  I'm working on remounting the sensor and speeding up the mobot.  As you can see in the video, it's very slow.  ...

Mobot 2009

This is my entry for Carnegie Mellon's Annual Mobot Race.  The object of the race is to follow a line.

This robot has yet to be named as as tested didn't work quite as well as I had hoped.  The front of the robot has a 4 bar linkage which would allow the sensor to ride along the ground.  All it does however is get caught and drag when the robot tries to turn.

It is also very slow.  I'm working on remounting the sensor and speeding up the mobot.  As you can see in the video, it's very slow.  I'm currently running the motors at 5 volts (regulated) and I'm swapping them over to direct battery power (6V).

The competition is in less than 2 weeks so I'll be updating the robot to get it prepared for the competition.

line following

• Actuators / output devices: 4x GM8
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Arduino Diecimilla
  • Power source: 4 AA batteries
  • Programming language: C
  • Sensors / input devices: IR emitter/detector
  • Target environment: outdoor, sidewalk
Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post