March Break 2011 - Robot Challenge

Posted on 21/03/2011 by driguana2000
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

R/C robots are fine but I like autonomous robots best. For this March Break I wanted to host a "Build You Own Robot" party for my son and his two friends. I've built small robots in the past so I thought I would challenge myself to come up with an easy to build, cheap robot "kit" plus code in two and a half weeks.  Here are the results.  A simple one board robot that has three modes; line follower, sumo and finger follower.  Full schematics, PCB and code (source and hex). The cost ...

March Break 2011 - Robot Challenge

R/C robots are fine but I like autonomous robots best. For this March Break I wanted to host a "Build You Own Robot" party for my son and his two friends.

I've built small robots in the past so I thought I would challenge myself to come up with an easy to build, cheap robot "kit" plus code in two and a half weeks.  Here are the results.  A simple one board robot that has three modes; line follower, sumo and finger follower.  Full schematics, PCB and code (source and hex).

The cost is low since it uses many scavenged parts and cheap T-Pro SG90 servos that I found for $2.77 each.  There are things I'd change in a second version but not too bad as an intro.  You can make the board in under an hour using toner transfer.  Servos take about 10 minutes each to modify for full rotation and assembly takes about an hour. YMMV.

Enjoy.

Line follower, sumo and finger follower behaviours selected via a mode button.

• Actuators / output devices: T Pro SG90 servos
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: PIC18F1320
  • Power source: 4 AAA batteries
  • Programming language: Microchip C18
  • Sensors / input devices: Phototransistors
  • Target environment: indoor
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post