Jarvis 2000 by Josh Starnes , powered by EZ Robot , modded Tomy Omnibot 2000

Posted on 27/10/2013 by jstarne1
Modified on: 13/09/2018
Project
Press to mark as completed
Introduction
This is an automatic import from our previous community platform. Some things can look imperfect.

If you are the original author, please access your User Control Panel and update it.

Jarvis is a project inspired in part by Jarvis the AI that belongs to Tony Stark in the movie and comic book series IRON MAN. This is my first real android robot with no previous experience. I dreamed of making a couple of robots one was a vacuum robot with 4 motors. Brush, impeller, and one motor.driving each wheel. This was back in 98 before roomba was thought of. Lol my drawings as a kid even resembled one. Now that I am older and have tools like EZ Robot I can start making these dreams come true. ...

Jarvis 2000 by Josh Starnes , powered by EZ Robot , modded Tomy Omnibot 2000

Jarvis is a project inspired in part by Jarvis the AI that belongs to Tony Stark in the movie and comic book series IRON MAN. This is my first real android robot with no previous experience. I dreamed of making a couple of robots one was a vacuum robot with 4 motors. Brush, impeller, and one motor.driving each wheel. This was back in 98 before roomba was thought of. Lol my drawings as a kid even resembled one. Now that I am older and have tools like EZ Robot I can start making these dreams come true. It has been a learning experience and I hope to learn more. Jarvis is basically my personal computer but also will have a few key features.

Goals are that he can help maintain a home by vacuuming and sweeping the floors. My fish need to be taken care of while I am away so scheduled feedings and turning tank lights on in the morning and off at night are in the works. He would be great for security by detecting motion, taking pictures or video and sounding alarm if intruders are detected. Jarvis will be autonomous in some situations and because of the wireless video link by wifi and wireless keyboard and mouse, I can be checking facebook on either the upstairs or downstairs Tv while Jarvis is roaming the house or cleaning.  I'm still thinking of other tasks Jarvis could do but I gotta get this guy together so there is no time to waste!

A long time ago , in a galaxy far far away....

February 1012 when I first received the Tomy Omnibot 2000

. My starting main parts were:

asus mini itx motherboard

8 GB ram

Win 7

250gb Western Digital Hard Drive

Nvidia 560ti graphics card

2 ghz AMD 25watt tdp dual core CPU

Thermaltake 430 watt psu

460 watt apc backup

Ez Board Kit w EZ Wireless CAM

Shark vx63 cordless vacuum

4 Power Sonic batteries 12v 9ah

Power HD 240 oz servos

hitec 645mg 130oz in servos

hitec 5995tg 400 oz in servos

Robotzone.gearbox 5 to 1 ratio for shoulders

7 Inch headrest Tv/ monitor for the chest

Asus BlueRay Dvd Player/burner

Here jarvis has gone through about 30 hours of work.  Much of this was custom fiberglass.  Body stretching has made this robot 16 inches taller than it originally stood back in 1984. Here Speakers have been added in the base, many rangefingers fitted, a tv in the belly and a vacuum backpack with 12v electric brush in the bottom.

Jarvis is a entertainment android and also serves as my personal computer

• Actuators / output devices: 3 x 645mg Hitec in the neck, 4 x Mabuchi RS380 12v DC motors, 2 Hitec 5995tg in elbows, 2 x Power HD 1501mg shoulders
  • Control method: semi controlled
  • CPU: 3 x EZB 120 mhz, AMD 2ghz x86, Nvidia GTX 560ti for video processing
  • Operating system: Windows 7, Ez Builder
  • Power source: 2 x 12v 9ah batteries, 110v external power supply
  • Programming language: Ez Builder, SDK software
  • Sensors / input devices: Ultrasonic sensors x 16, Ultrasonic and IR long range Radar
  • Target environment: shows, Dragoncon, Makerfaire, home, Conventions
LikedLike this to see more

Spread the word

Flag this post

Thanks for helping to keep our community civil!

Notify staff privately
It's Spam
This post is an advertisement, or vandalism. It is not useful or relevant to the current topic.

You flagged this as spam. Undo flag.Flag Post