Would anyone like a HAND? ^_^

You know, I have drawn up designs for entire arm and leg units. I’d like to see someone with the skills to control them utilize my mechanical/structural ideas.

I am a NOOB as far as electronics but my mechanical experience will produce some very fun 'bots. I just don’t have the resources/time to fully realize my ideas yet…

:slight_smile:

You said you have arm and leg designs? I would like to see them. PM them to me.

The leg and arm designs are based on a new actuator system I am working on.

I’ll send you some images as soon as I create some.

They are heavily biomimetic…

:slight_smile:

Hello Friends,

Its been awhile. I have been lurking but not posting. I have finished a more compact prototype for my Hand project. The next step is to draw up the parts for producing a mold so that I can cast the pieces in a very light material. Also I have waited until I had a base unit to display my wares upon and I was just able to purchase my very own Robonova-1 for the modest price of $750.00. This means that I shall be spending a bit more time with you all and that I will post images of the Metamorphasis of my very own robotic competitor.

The following images were created here at work using my cellular phone so they are of barely acceptable quality.

Please leave your thoughts. I do so enjoy them. I will be blessing my machine with dexterity as soon as I’ve modeld up the arms and adjusted the parimeters of my created hands to the point that I feel they are asthetically and mechanically sound.

Pictures first:

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1006.jpg

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1007.jpg

And the worlds crappiest upside down video:

s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1011.flv

You will notice the most remarkable change has been the reduction in size…

Very nice movement of the hands. They seem to have a good elasticity so they will move well. Nice job!

Thank you!

The final version will be made with more appropriate materials boosting strength, resopnse time and, of course, looks.

The one I put on my Robonova will probably resemble something from Patlabor, Gundam, Appleseed… I am very inspired by the Japanese Mecha Genre.

Very nice! You are like the only one that has been developing miniature hands. I thought you and your project were history, lost forever.

Do you have rubber around the fingers? I think it would be great to see the joints personally; it would look more robotic looking. Right now, the fingers look like little hot dogs.

Question:

A servo can make all the fingers move, but how do you plan to move individual fingers?

Deep Bow

Thanks for the Kudos.

This hand is so diminunative that I was able to use the type of balloons that entertainers use to twist into animals to skin the phalanges. The final version will be assembled from peices that are cast in a mold to more resemble a robotic hand. The unit I develop for Robonova will be more stout looking. I plan on, though, developing an entire upper body with elegantly sculped features that are much more anthropomorphic and biomemetic than are currently produced. I’d like to see the arena of bot combat take a turn for realism. I plan on giving my Robonova the capabilty to draw a weapon and use it. How fun would that be? Lay some weapons about the area (Warhammers, poles, axes, swords, shields, etc…) and give the combatants a skin that can take some visable damage…

I think it would be a lot more fun to watch.

I want the user to be able to decide how many fingers they’d wish to move. You could move them all with one servo or you could move each seperatly with five. I will probably use one initially but if I go to a show with it I’ll prolly group the thumb, ring and pinky together and the middle and the point fingers will have independant servos (3 servos).

I will post the hand on my bot as soon as I’m finished with it. I’m sure you will like it.

Especially if you make them use real weapons :imp: :smiling_imp:

How IS your gun comming by the way?

Could it be picked up?

I’ll pop into your thread…

I will be waiting to see it when you are finished.

Hey these would look pretty cool on your BRAT project.

Perhaps I could model them in silver to match that bitchen’ skull…

Updated version:

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_0910.jpg

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_0909.jpg

s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1016.flv

Its shown in the pictures next to the forearm braket of a Robonova-1 for size comaprison. This version is just the skeleton. I mean to flesh it ouut a bit more and make the movements a bit more fluid. I don’t know if I’ll add this one to my RN as it seems to be a bit large.

I may just post a few assembly pictures so that you could make your own instead of bothering with a kit.

What do you think of this newest version so far?

Wow! Impressive work you have done. I would realy like to see it attached to 5 independent servos.

Cool!

Thank you!

I believe that the hand will have a maximum of three for this application.

One for the Thumb, one for the Forefinger and one for the other three.

Later when a more compact linier actuator is utilized I may go with more DOF but for now space, weight and monies retrict me a bit.

Thank you for leaving your thoughts it is immensly encouraging to find some interest in this project.

uhhh, awsome. :laughing: :wink: That looks sooo good. They movement are real fluid, but im sure you could tweek that a bit if you really wanted to.

Thank you very much Italian_guy299,

Here is a Video of it actually gripping something(s):

s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1417.flv

What kind of tweaking are to thinking of?

Well what Im am curious about doing with something like this would be to see if I can control each finger individually, so it could (for example) perform the peace sign ect.

Each digit has its own control line so it is entirely possible to do just that.

You just have to set aside the room/recources on your machine for the extra servos.

Ahh, I thought they were all connected to one string. that is pretty cool than. One could use micro servos to do just that.