Would anyone be interested in an XMOS challenge?

**alright i have made up my mind **
back to square 1, the ferret i will build the ferret ,the micro servos are now pretty cheap.and i found a good servo controler so backto the ferret

Multiple Submissions
No, I’m making multiple entries to increase the probability of one being chosen. Is that cheating?

Are you sure this is achieveable?
Are you sure this is achieveable?

We will only consider 1
We will only consider 1 entry per person. Which is your preferred project?

3 days!
3 days to go!

Teaser XK-1

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/10538

Just a little teaser of some of the goodies you might expect in the post if you are selected. Some projects may receive a different kit to this if we feel it is more suitable.Will be posting more details on other kits soon.

Awwww
Oh, the first one, then. I never fancied waterproofing all that expesive kit anyway.

** yep**
yep absolutluy , but at somestage id like to build a 4 rotor helicopter.

My final entry

A main brain (xmos processer) equipped with radio, that, when certain conditions are filled, radios instructions to 6 ‘little 8bots’ also equipped with radio.

For example, when the main brain heard sound (music) at a certian level of DB, it would assemble the swarm in rows and columns and have them do synchronized dancing.

If a swarm member (SM) sees light…the xmos brain (XB) would assemble the swarm around the light (possibly theyd have solar panels to charge, then carry the charge back to the XB to charge it)

the XB would be brains and senses, the swarms would be the arms and legs.

eventually, i could upgrade the system to handle more SMs , or perform more tasks, such as find metal objects (TB007 swarm, concept by gareth) or collect small colored beads, or other items.

Kits: 1 if we can use pickaxe 08m s as well as your MCU’s, 7 if not. (main braain and 6 slaves)

diary: Both

XMOS Eve

Santatron 3000 won’t come until you’re asleep…

When you wake up, you’ll find presents in your robot building box…

**have you **
have you anounced it yet ?

Kantana wielding mobile robot arm

this thingy will be a mobile robot arm with 6 degrees of freedom, driving around on omni wheels. it will have a gripper and perform various tasks, such as demolishing styrafoam cups, and moving blocks…

one dev kit

both diaries (diary of a whimpy kid lol)

Hmmm…

I’m really sorry about this, but I think I have to drop out of the challenge… I’ll still follow along and provide helpful encouragement (if that makes you guys feel better :smiley: )
However, I do think these chips are interesting (if a little expensive, but hey?) and I am considering buying one in the future after I master the ways of C. With an arduino of course! :wink:
If you picked me, or planning to pick me, you might want to go to ezekiel instead. He’s pretty experienced, and apparently has the funds and time to do it. Thank you!

yeah

operation uav:i want to build a 4 rotor helicopter for survaliance and termal imageing(<new entry )

ferret is out ,sorry

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

Home control
I plan to build a nearly universal home automate. This mean that the automate will handle nearly all information which is available in a standard home.<o:p></o:p>Out of the usual on/off outputs, information about the current status will be available over the internet, on a TV screen.<o:p></o:p>Inputs will be as various as movement, door open/close, temp. sensors, picture of the milkman, dog barking, ….<o:p></o:p> All of this is not really new, the interesting part is that the end user will be able to create himself his own new control tasks using elementary task that will be shipped with the controller itself.<o:p></o:p>I hope I don’t leave this message to late… and looking to read you.<o:p></o:p>Thanks.<o:p></o:p>

Edit:

Need one kit (i guess all the job can be done)

Photo diary yes; but more interesting i will publish the source code.

I have you down for the swarm idea…
I have you down for the swarm idea.

how come?
Dent, what is your reason for dropping out? Time restrictions?

Im still in…
:slight_smile:

oh!

Well, i already posted something on the new post because i didn’t think you read this. Yeah, the main reason is because of my dad, he says no way, but yeah, school started, i don’t have any money, and homework is like endless.

Sorry… i still feel bad…