Would anyone be interested in an XMOS challenge?

Technology
Yes, the first release would be purely a technology project. Subsequent versions may be made vandal proof, but supplying a potential thief with 20KV in his ass doesn’t really require an XMOS processor.

**hay **
im thinking of a uav now

Bottom Mapper

Title: Bottom Mapper

Description: Nothing crude. This devicw would be implanted in a small water craft (a boat, to you) equipped with a bottom-facing sonar and a GPS. The device would control the craft, mapping the depth of the water alongside GPS co-ordinates, taking account of tidal depths. The idea would be to produce a very accurate map of the bottom of a lake to be supplied to divers, etc. looking for interesting wrecks to explore. The end result would be a sort of undersea Google Maps.

Kits: One for development, but they could be linked such that a particular area could be mapped more quickly with more bots. Also, should one of them break down, an extension of this project would allow another to take over AND tow the affected boat back to shore.

Diary: no problem.

Future work: Make it thief-resistant by constantly sending out its position to all similar nearyby craft,allowing it to deliver high voltage shocks to folk who try to move it, and cauing it to make really high pitched extremely loud noises in the hope that the potential thieves ears would bleed.

well at least you have a job out of it
Well on the bright side you have a good job out of it so well done! Sounds interesting.

not sure where your other post went…
Got an email - not sure where your other post went, but we would prefer you submit an idea you can actually achieve. I do not know all about your experience and such, but you will be more likely to be considered if what you propose is do-able. It doesnt have to take over the world just yet! Start off with something simple and slowly develop it. We are not looking for complexity as primary factor here - something simple yet original, which is achieveable in a rasonable time scale will probably have a higher chance of winning a kit.

Thanks for the submission

So is this replacing the Rover Explorer?

Please confirm.

** I cant wait :smiley: **

Its like waiting for christmas.

Happy XMOS
ho ho ho!

**Im not **

Sitting on your knee.

Unless you pick me of course.

**alright i have made up my mind **
back to square 1, the ferret i will build the ferret ,the micro servos are now pretty cheap.and i found a good servo controler so backto the ferret

Multiple Submissions
No, I’m making multiple entries to increase the probability of one being chosen. Is that cheating?

Are you sure this is achieveable?
Are you sure this is achieveable?

We will only consider 1
We will only consider 1 entry per person. Which is your preferred project?

3 days!
3 days to go!

Teaser XK-1

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/10538

Just a little teaser of some of the goodies you might expect in the post if you are selected. Some projects may receive a different kit to this if we feel it is more suitable.Will be posting more details on other kits soon.

Awwww
Oh, the first one, then. I never fancied waterproofing all that expesive kit anyway.

** yep**
yep absolutluy , but at somestage id like to build a 4 rotor helicopter.

My final entry

A main brain (xmos processer) equipped with radio, that, when certain conditions are filled, radios instructions to 6 ‘little 8bots’ also equipped with radio.

For example, when the main brain heard sound (music) at a certian level of DB, it would assemble the swarm in rows and columns and have them do synchronized dancing.

If a swarm member (SM) sees light…the xmos brain (XB) would assemble the swarm around the light (possibly theyd have solar panels to charge, then carry the charge back to the XB to charge it)

the XB would be brains and senses, the swarms would be the arms and legs.

eventually, i could upgrade the system to handle more SMs , or perform more tasks, such as find metal objects (TB007 swarm, concept by gareth) or collect small colored beads, or other items.

Kits: 1 if we can use pickaxe 08m s as well as your MCU’s, 7 if not. (main braain and 6 slaves)

diary: Both

XMOS Eve

Santatron 3000 won’t come until you’re asleep…

When you wake up, you’ll find presents in your robot building box…

**have you **
have you anounced it yet ?