Trac-Drive Mower and Snow Plower

Oh thank you so much, I did that, the brake was killing 50% of my battery overtime

@thachnb congratulations for winning the competition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @igor_X!!!

1 Like

Honestly I have built a remote control mower with two invacare 4 pole motors a 24v alternator and 2x25 sabertooth controller. I used 2 18Ah batteries which is about as small as one can go. Can cause brown outs on the controller even with the 40Ah alternator.

Next time I’m doing a zero turn mower and two servo’s off the 12 volt system no motors since they use hydrostatic transmissions. This is much easier

Nice robot. CONGRATULATIONS on your win!

Could you please tell me what size couplers you used for the axles and where you got them?

Thank you, I use 19mm to 19mm coupler.
I got it from aliexpress

Wow, you should get 2x32 one!
By the way, could you share your project, it sounds awesome!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information. They’re just what I needed to put the tracks I acquired on my own robot.

Amazing sturdy-looking robot! Looking forward to seeing the video with the mower.

1 Like

Oh Please give us an update on this, would be wicked to see if you’ve done any more to it, like covering it, painting etc

1 Like

Hello!!
I’m back with the update, snow is here, and the robot is ready to fight with!

Since the 46" blade for snow plow is very expensive, I decided to make one using spare wood,

Actuator is mounted on top, and working via motor controller using RF, the best solution I found.

Video will be uploaded sooon, stay tuned everyone.

3 Likes

Snow last night! And here is the video of it in action!

Enjoy everyone!

3 Likes

Wow! :slight_smile:
Really like that project.

1 Like

Hello! What a nice project, it’s pretty amazing. When a project like this came to our mind, sometimes we left it aside because it is a big project that cover a lot of topics. I’m very happy you managed to do it and it seems you got a lot of fun while doing it. Congrats!:exploding_head::grin:

2 Likes

great robot , hows the torque in those wheelchairmotors?

I dont have spec, but it its around 200kgcm

1 Like

Summer is here, and this robot is a great helper around yard and garden!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed all the pics and explanation of the build. Great job on the build and in sharing it so well.

How wide are these tracks?

Love this project . Yep finding caterpillar mechanics at any affordable price will put off most
For what its worth Here is my half built idea " Bicyle Tyre to Caterpillar Track . DIY no special tools.

Gosh If there was such a thing ready made to buy I would consider . Many Need a miniature garden towing vehicle There is a market DIY stores now are marketing such as lawmowers. Wrong end . Whats wanted is a simple tractor to tow various other tools.
ciao MsO

OOh now I cant see how to upload my diy description Cycle tyre to Caterpillar trackk , never mind

1 Like

Impressive project! Really wanna try it next winter with my snow blower. If someone has any tips and tricks that aren’t here, you are more than welcome to share them.

1 Like