SNES Computer [SNESpc]

You should buy 1.8V ect. and see witch one works,and send back the on e that dosn’t work.

That’s, uh, exactly what I was trying to avoid. :laughing:

I found the same board on www.mini-box.com (for $6 cheaper, no less) and the compatible memory listed is 1.8v, so that’s what I’m going with.

AhHa I knew it :laughing:

I dont think thats a very time and frustration waisting way to do this!

The best thing you should do is check other similar boards and see what kind of memory they take (same maker of board ect) or wait for someone who actually knows what their talking about to come by and give you the answer.

Finally received an answer from the LogicSupply folks - yes, the 1.8v is the way to go. I have a stick on the way from Newegg, which should be here on the first. I’ll update again then - lots of pictures and whatnot, hopefully. I’ll fill up my new gallery so it isn’t so empty. :laughing:

So hows the SNES PC going?
sorry,i just love topics about computers :laughing:
plus I’m board right now :confused:

Well, I have my shiny new Phylon board, compatible memory, and all the rest of the components I need to make it work. Unfortunately, I’m going on a trip this weekend, and I’ve been so busy planning and packing for that I just haven’t had a chance to mess with any of my other projects.

Over the next two weeks I should have a chance to work on it again, and I hope to bring this project to a close.

good to hear everythings ready at least.
Can’t wait till its finished :smiley:

I’ll pull together all of the pictures I’ve taken of the SNESpc, as well as those I haven’t yet, and throw 'em in my gallery when I’m done. Hopefully I can get a somewhat-decent tutorial out of it. :wink:

Cool,I’d love to do something like that,just one question,if those Super Nitendo Entertainment Systems are so old,do they even sell them any more :wink:

I don’t think Nintendo sells 'em anymore, but you can pick one up for dirt cheap on eBay or at a local thrift shop. Non-working units are especially cheap - and that’s really what you’d want. No sense in killing a still-working SNES. :wink:

Yea,it must be heart-breaking to have to rip the guts out of a perfect video game system :laughing:

Thank’s for the info,i will have to do some ebay searching.

Ok,I’ve just checked ebay,It too about 5 seconds to find what i was looking for,Heres a hole page full of them :
product.ebay.com/Super-Nintendo- … rZ43561318

Five seconds, and here’s the one you’ll want. $5 for the unit, $5 for shipping. You might find a better deal, but hey, it was only five seconds. :wink:

Is that the complete game console?
or just the case? I think the case it self would probably sell for $0.05 :laughing:
Well,i better save that five dollars…Hey wait,heres $5 right on the road :laughing:

So what exactly are you going to do with this system when your done making it? how about learning how to make some games for it,No wait,how about a gaming OS,one that specifically meant to run games?
Nah!,i think that may take to long. :laughing:

why dont you read the thread and find out. Theres no point of having Beth explain it to you if all the information is right here. And second, $5.00 for the SNES is a pretty good price. SNES are ussually owned by collectors who sell them for much more on EBAY.

Yes,it is a very good price,but i think i will keep looking until i find oone with a buy it now price,i don’t really like bidding,but if its my only choice then i may have to do that soon. Hey,i didn’t know that you are using a travelstar HDD
i am using a 40GB hitachi travelstar.

Yes, yes I am. Mine’s 100GB. :laughing:

Lucky :laughing:
Well,if i have enough room,maybe i could use my 120GB :smiling_imp: