SNES Computer [SNESpc]

I’m sure that all DDR2 Memory has the same voltage,Why wouldn’t it?

:laughing: I’m sure that you’re wrong, although I don’t know why there are different voltages. Take a look at the “Guided Search” box on the left side of this page.

Select 1GB, 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM, and one of the DDR2 533. At the bottom you can select one of a number of voltages.

By the way, anyone know what the difference is between DDR2 533 (PC2 4200) and DDR2 533 (PC2 4300)?

Hear,i found one,
and its a lot cheaper too.
accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod … u=A1221011
Do you think that would work?

All DDR2 is not created equal, unfortunately. The newer memory will probably be in the 1.8V range, but some can be 2.0V. I think there was even a 3.3V variation for certain older memories. It really complicated buying memory these days because you have to know more about your particular system board. Memory is typically not very tolerant of voltages outside its rated specification.

8-Dale

Well, i think 1.8 is the most common
but thats just my $0.02 :wink:

Did you Figure it out yet?

I’ve sent an email to LogicSupply’s tech support, but have not yet received a reply. I’m getting a bit frustrated with their tech support, frankly.

You should buy 1.8V ect. and see witch one works,and send back the on e that dosn’t work.

That’s, uh, exactly what I was trying to avoid. :laughing:

I found the same board on www.mini-box.com (for $6 cheaper, no less) and the compatible memory listed is 1.8v, so that’s what I’m going with.

AhHa I knew it :laughing:

I dont think thats a very time and frustration waisting way to do this!

The best thing you should do is check other similar boards and see what kind of memory they take (same maker of board ect) or wait for someone who actually knows what their talking about to come by and give you the answer.

Finally received an answer from the LogicSupply folks - yes, the 1.8v is the way to go. I have a stick on the way from Newegg, which should be here on the first. I’ll update again then - lots of pictures and whatnot, hopefully. I’ll fill up my new gallery so it isn’t so empty. :laughing:

So hows the SNES PC going?
sorry,i just love topics about computers :laughing:
plus I’m board right now :confused:

Well, I have my shiny new Phylon board, compatible memory, and all the rest of the components I need to make it work. Unfortunately, I’m going on a trip this weekend, and I’ve been so busy planning and packing for that I just haven’t had a chance to mess with any of my other projects.

Over the next two weeks I should have a chance to work on it again, and I hope to bring this project to a close.

good to hear everythings ready at least.
Can’t wait till its finished :smiley:

I’ll pull together all of the pictures I’ve taken of the SNESpc, as well as those I haven’t yet, and throw 'em in my gallery when I’m done. Hopefully I can get a somewhat-decent tutorial out of it. :wink:

Cool,I’d love to do something like that,just one question,if those Super Nitendo Entertainment Systems are so old,do they even sell them any more :wink:

I don’t think Nintendo sells 'em anymore, but you can pick one up for dirt cheap on eBay or at a local thrift shop. Non-working units are especially cheap - and that’s really what you’d want. No sense in killing a still-working SNES. :wink:

Yea,it must be heart-breaking to have to rip the guts out of a perfect video game system :laughing:

Thank’s for the info,i will have to do some ebay searching.

Ok,I’ve just checked ebay,It too about 5 seconds to find what i was looking for,Heres a hole page full of them :
product.ebay.com/Super-Nintendo- … rZ43561318