Real robot [Treaded] (cheap)

WP_20140718_12_54_36_Pro WP_20140718_12_54_48_Pro WP_20140718_12_54_54_Pro

1 Like

An excerpt from a video about the shelf.

I wanted to share this video for ideas.
Let me know what you think about the video and ideas about my project.

1 Like

I have been looking at ways to reduce power, programming issues, design, ect.
My original intent was to use two pis. However, in order to smooth out programming issues in this project, I will be removing the second and moving the pi2 to head.
Since only one motor is absolutely required to move the head as intended, I am liberally redesigning one motor mechanic for convenience. I’m looking for arm “ideas”. I figure everything has been re-improvised thus far.
Should I go with makeblock grippers? Are they even strong enough to support most of the body? I’ll be looking these up anyway.
I found this helpful reference for some of my recent thoughts on all these issues.

The makeblock gripper test… which proves as a budget friendly option.

My other option is

It looks like there are too many servos in this one.

Only kind of related - but this is what I think when people on robotshop community tell you that movie robots don’t exist.

I just looked into the arm thing again.
After checking availability for the gripper, I will have to wait a month. I’ll have one last arm update in the summer. I’ll update everyone on the head periodically.
Until that

1 Like

WP_20140720_21_01_31_Pro !
Robot weight test

The head after installation.
WP_20140721_02_38_34_Pro

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I’m too lazy to make a formal post.
Found this Alexa Robotbear …which is a robot, and essentially like mine so…maybe someone will do a blog/news post on it.

1 Like

The grippers will be reds.
The 50rpm DC motor will be replaced by

TECH1069-TowerPro_MG995_Metal_Gear_Servo_Motor_180_degree_Rotation

Just a fun example.

This

is what I’m working with until I can afford the parts to remake the arms as they should be.

The servo motor will be installed on the side. The “elbow” will be two gear shafts connected by a lever plate. The joint will have a spring that allows the “tricep” to move upwards and straighten out the forearm.

• I will be currently testing the makerblock plates as an alternative, but I am very low on parts at this time.
1 Like

Those 3 videos sum up a 2.4 minute test.
The clock is stored as serial displayed on the Serial.print().
Every movement and button is also displayed on Serial.print().

I apologize for the French. I’m from South Jersey and they speak German and English. :crazy_face:
Anyway… one arm was successful.
Stay tuned for the Arduino tests. It might be rolling up some stairs soon. It might not :shushing_face: :wink:

Progress

Gizmo(pronounced Jiz) went before the first preliminary this evening. The picture above + treads.
No video was recorded.

The results are as follows

Height - Insufficient
Power - Insufficient
PVC - NA
Reach - NA
Weight - Within specs
Calibration - Failed
Distance - NA
Shock - Failed
Assessment - Passed

Due to multiple errors in testing, I have left Gizmo incapable of performing at minimal specification. That means two more days of testing and design.
The acrylic was not strong enough during July testing with the solar mod. That means when it is not in use, it risks damaging the lower haul.
In theory, a measurement has been reached in replacing the acrylic with the aluminum. (Digging deeper and deeper into parts to complete this.)

It’s definitely harder to get a bot like Giz up the stairs.

Two sides vs one+gripper