NNW Rover prototype

ok now I’ve got the immediate satisfaction jones going and want to hook an r/c radio up to mine.

must… fight… temptation!!!
:smiley:

lol, did you calculate the speed yet? I did for mine just now for my science fair project and I got this : average meters per minute,

7.7m in 5.5s. I calculated the average speed per minute below:

Convert seconds to minutes. 5.50s / 60.00s = 0.09min

Vav = Δd = Vav = 7.7m
--------Δt------------0.09min = 85.56m per minute.

From these calculations I can predict that the Spy 2 can travel an average speed of 85.56m per minute.

I think this is correct for calculating the average speed. Let me know if it isnt.

Yours does 1.426m/s. Thats pretty darn fast! You can use it as an example moving object in high school physics problems :stuck_out_tongue:

well mine has a calculated theoretical max of about a meter a second, but I doubt the motors have enough torque to do that. :unamused:

I think it is correct. I timed how fast it took to move 7.7m (thats the length of my hallway) which was 5.5s. Than I did the math (average speed formula) and got that asnwer. Is it correct? I need to know becuase Its for a regional science fair. It seems correct because I am using this formula in science class this week.

Seems correct to me.

You could have just done delta-d/delta-t = 7.7m/5.5s = 1.4m/s

There was some error because of the rounding converting to minutes. Most of the time, speed is referred to as m/s or distance/second. Lynxmotion has this wonderful little tool:

lynxmotion.com/images/html/wheelspd.htm

You can do a bunch of stuff based on knowing two of the following vars:
RPM
wheel diameter
speed
:slight_smile:

Of course that would be the theoretical speed or whatever you calculate for. It doesn’t include the fact that the motors might be too weak or too powerful.

well I had to convert seconds to minutes to calculate M per min, not m per sec. So 85.56m per minute should be correct.

but m/min is hardly ever used :S But alright. If you want m/min then its 85m/min

7.7m/( 5.5s/60s ) = 85m/min

You never round until the end. Then you round to the number of significant digits you need.

I know that it is rarely used, but I for driving long distances, I needed the average speed per minute instead of per second. I drive ussually for like 2m straight with my bot, (especially when Im chasing people) so it works out for me :laughing:

WOW! Wich motors do you have chunga?? and you to Italian guy? pretty fast over a meter per second! i’d get about a feet per second, wich is realy low compared to the crazy 1.4 meters! :laughing: 8),maybe I will go with some gear head instead

Personally, I also think you should. They’re deffinately bang for the buck even if they aren’t as powerfull as planetary they compensate for good amount of torque and RMP’s. Deffinately a good choice, thats my 0.02. :slight_smile:

yeah, I’ve seen taht the GM-13 are still being sold at robotshop, do you know why LM stop making them? is there a problem? poor qualety?

hmmm not sure at all. I think once these bad boys came in, they took them out. For a couple dollars more their worth the torque and RMP’s.

lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx? … egoryID=11

though the Link are what I use. The RPM’s are good and torque is even better! 8)

I just need to order more that’s all. :stuck_out_tongue:

cough hijackers cough :laughing:, jk, dont worry about it

anyway, i got the rover back up and running by switching one of the non-attached-to-the-motors-sprockets with the broken one, and it works beautifully

i was about to do some tests wen the batteries crapped the bed on me :confused: and wen i went to use my replacement batteries, i found that they were not charged :angry:, so right now im charging the 2 pairs of battery packs which took quit a qwhile, plugged them in at 5 yesterday, and they weren’t done at 10 wen i went to bed, they were finally done this morning 1 down…3 to go :laughing:

as soon as i get some money ill will be buying the LM tracks, sprockets and the rest i need to make this thing have more traction, im going to have to make some new side types to compensate for the bigger sprockets but it should look good :smiley: ill take some better videos after school today i will also satrt working on code to make it autonomous, ttyl when im otta school, later :slight_smile:

:angry: well, considering the fact that i want to put on an arm on the bot, i have to resign the chassis and make it much bigger

i plan on making the arm with linear actuators and the bot is expanding to a massive 9" x 12" (the base of the arm alone will be 15" O_O) so it will hang off the back of the rover >_>

but, it will get the job done in lifting power, i plan of making it with 110 lb force actuators :smiling_imp:

anyway, lemme know wat u think, ill be getting more in detail once i get everything for sure and i have more time to talk about it

110lb torque actuators! Thats gonna cost a few pennies!

yeaaaah, pennies, it’s like 150$ a piece :confused: xD. but it’s gonna be powaful

wich ones do you count on using chunga?

I was geussing something like the ones they got at robotshop.ca. They seem to be bang for your buck.

but, what’s 15 N’s? I know its the force, but, any explanations? they do look good, it would be fun to do an arm with them.