My ANIMATRONIC PROJECT

My Animatronic project DVDs are Finished and coming out soon .A New Website is coming to preorder.
Run Time 3:36:33 3 Disks set
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/willettfx/printdvd.jpg
Also ,My DVD case covers from printing company are so beautiful…Sorry Im just proud .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/willettfx/animatronicinsertcoversmall.jpg
Some Magazines have been doing some interviews with me. One interview is from a Dental Lab magazine.LOL
Thanks
Gary

Wow! :smiley: :open_mouth:

Now thats Hard Working :laughing:

Well ,The new website is up and running.
willettfx.com

“MY ANIMATRONICS PROJECT” 3 DVD set .
The Price is $79.99 + shipping & handling $ 7.00 USA .

Important information:
This is a Preorder TO Reserve your DVD copy.
Please allow 6 weeks for delivery.
DVD-R 8X - FORMAT - NTSC Only

For International Customers Ordering .
At this time Im Getting the export duty information .
You can Email me at [email protected]
Enter your shipping information .
I will calculate your shipping & handling cost an any duties before you order.
Actual shipping and handling charges may be adjusted using the most cost effective method .
I then will reply to your email soon as possible.
Im sorry for the inconvenience this situation poses to International customers at this time.
Thanks
Gary

You did an awsome job with the design and creation including the video productions. You have real tallent.

Edit
Removed embarassing statement :blush:

I dunno that I agree Mike (understanding that you, like me, are just expressing an opinion.) My point of reference is to go buy a book for any advanced subject area off of Amazon and you are into $80 pretty easily, especially if you need more than one reference to understand a concept at a professional level. College books run anywhere from $50-100 each pretty easily for undergraduate classes even. I remember having $80 extracted for a CD set “required” for a music appreciation course that we took as one of our required “humanities” elective course credits. :imp:
Anyway, while I am not especially interested in this topic myself, someone who wants to learn about how to do a lot of the anamatronic movie-magic type stuff or even just wants to understand how to use what smoot-on products for what part of an assembly like this will probably find a lot of good information in these DVDs.
I think something that could add value to the DVD product would be a dedicated forum where people who have purchased it could login and have an opportunity to ask questions.
$0.02 :wink:

I don’t agree either. This isn’t a feature film, it’s a unique perspective into a brilliant mind and his highly effective modeling techniques that just doesn’t exist anywhere else. Well at least I am not aware of anything else like it. I think it’s a supply and demand thing.

Besides,if you are willing to learn something like that,i think you would sacrifice $80 to learn how to do it. :smiley:

I agree with jim. This isn’t a movie. Its a set of dvds of how tos by someone who put a lot of time and work into his skills and is sharing them with the world. If it was just a dvd of clips or a time laps of him working then yes, it would be priced lower. But this is him actually teaching how to do the certain things he did. I think $80 for a 3 DVD set with a run time of over 3 hours is a good price.

I stand corrected. My apologies.

I was looking at it the wrong way. :confused:

Thank You Guys
1st I want to Thank Lynxmotion for letting me post my project on this forum.
Well,As for the price .Doing this art for years, I have seen some instructional videos .And have noticed between 45 mins to 1 hour runtime,would cost from 29.00 up to 55.00. And there are some DVD set going for 250.00.
And they all good videos.
But I wanted to keep the price low Because ,I know what supplies and servos cost.
Thank You Guys again
Gary Willett

willettfx.com

I got the Maximum PC Magazine in today.
Im So happy for getting rig of the month.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/willettfx/Oct300x391.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/willettfx/smile.jpg
willettfx.com

Very nice! Cudos to you! 8)

Have a Happy Halloween from willettfx.com
My kittin… Pepper
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/willettfx/kitty.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=GNG9k4uGFJs
Thanks
Gary

Congrats and WOW the website is fantastic!

Nice to see you again. :smiley:

oh man, to have that sitting partially concealed in the big rhododendron near the walkway to our front door… kids walking up the walkway, bush rustles, that thing sticks out and makes the growl with the teeth barred… I’d get to eat all the halloween candy myself! muh haa haa haa haa.
:smiling_imp:

Im thinking of building a small articulating RC head with a freddy mask put over a polystyrene head with red LED eyes. Sorry about going on topic, but you’ve inspired me to scare little children :imp: :smiling_imp:

Hello

I am currently working on an animatronic head for a coin operated fudge making fortune teller. I was wondering if you have some advice on the methods you have used to fix the silicon eyelid skin to the moving lids. Any help is appreciated. This is my first animatronic project and it is a big learning curve.

Thanks

Shasa

Willettfx hasn’t visited this forum since Sat May 17, 2008 10:31 am. It appears you can now download the contents of his construction DVD for $15 below.

willettfx.com/

You can still find Gary here…
theeffectslab.com/forums/index.php