MDi #3

Take a look at

Take a look at this http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/ServoWrite and this https://www.inkling.com/read/arduino-cookbook-michael-margolis-2nd/chapter-8/recipe-8-3 .

And just swap the DC motors’ statements for continuous servos, for example:

if (ps2x.Button(PSB_PAD_UP))
{
analogWrite(motor1enablePin, 200);
digitalWrite(motor1Pin1, LOW);
digitalWrite(motor1Pin2, HIGH);
 analogWrite(motor2enablePin, 200);
 digitalWrite(motor2Pin1, HIGH);
 digitalWrite(motor2Pin2, LOW);</strong>

}

if (ps2x.Button(PSB_PAD_UP))
{
     LeftContinuousServo.write(180);
     RightContinuousServo.write(0); 
   }

A work of art, I love the

A work of art, I love the custom build. Very expressive. Reminds me of Short Circuit #2, where they had the toy-versions of Johnny 5. 

Amazing creation

Hi, 

This is an amazing creation 

You are very talented

This post gave me the urge to explore the DIY robotic world

May I have a link to the same polystyrene you are using ? 

Hi, matana21!Thank you very

Hi, matana21!

Thank you very much! … And sorry for the late answer, but I guess Duane has already helped you.

hi once again

I have some troubles with the software…

I cant find a way to switch between operation modes

Is it possible to share the source code?

Thanks again,

Matan.

Hi, Matan!Take a

Hi, Matan!

Take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2gOXfxaf2xjRnZyQ0ktTU5mTWs/view?usp=sharing

MDi#3 is one cool customer.

This has to be one of the coolest bots ever.  I would simply stop trying to design my own and imitate yours (the sincerest form of flattery) if I could figure out how to cram more sensors and processing into a smaller space.  The problem of how to cram 12 sonars, 1 phone, a couple cameras, 2 arms, and treads into something resembling one of your creations has challenged me for far too long.  The challenge is how to have all those things without them interfering with one another or becoming too big, or too high a center of gravity.

Eventually I will get it.

Thank you very much,

Thank you very much, mtriplett!

I guess at least three sonars could be placed on the front of the chassis (like the one I’ve attached with the acrylic bracket) and plus three on the backside of the chassis. Others can be placed on the lateral (on the aluminum channel ???). A phone could be placed on the backside of the torso (if you won’t use it as a face for the robot).

I guess the cameras won’t be a problem (just put them in the eyes).

I would love to see your version of MDi #3!

This project is both intimidating and inspiring.

Well done. I love to see anything  built using PVC.

Intimidating?! LOLSimple

Intimidating?! LOL

Simple materials! I love it!

Your work is great! great example to follow!!

I just got a 3d printer and is wokring fine, but i don’t know how to transfer your templates draw to this printer. I’m new i just print the test examples that came with the software. I need help in how to make your template in a object, thanks for any help!

Thank you very much,

Thank you very much, gsxr02!

I don’t usually work with 3D designs and unfortunately I don’t have 3D files of this project. 

But eventually I work with Google SketchUp and it’s very simple to work with. And I guess there is a plugin to export the SketchUp file to a 3D printable file.

You’ll need to modify my 2D files into 3D, but I guess with Google SketchUp (or even other 3D software) it will be easy.

Wow I can’t beleive I have never seen this robot on here before.

Dear: Dickel

Interesting robot. I really like your construction for the robot though. I am just curious how did you design the robot. Anyways well done!!!

Hello, Noah! Thank you very

Hello, Noah! Thank you very much for your comment!

To design my projects I just do sketches by hand, because usually the project is already fully designed in my mind. :slight_smile:     Then I do 2D templates to have precision in the manufacture of the parts. Rarely I make plans in 3D (with SketchUp).

I love the paint job!

I love the paint job!

good job

seems cool…your project will give me some ideas…well done Dickel :slight_smile:

@CODE 2003 AT-2-X and

@CODE 2003 AT-2-X and Junkster: Thank you very much, guys!

Hi again, Noah!Just one more

Hi again, Noah!

Just one more thing I consider important about the process of conception of my projects that I forgot to mention before: many times I make cardboard prototypes for my projects. It gives me a real perspective of how it will look in the end, avoiding the frustration of doing all the work to produce the parts and only at the end realize that some plans were not good.

This is a cardboard prototype of a robot I’m planning to build.

I am sorry and cool!!!

I am so sorry I forgot I replied to this post. I wasn’t on LMR for a while and it just slipped my mind I replied to this. I wish I was as much of an artist as you were. I can’t see how you could do that. Very cool!!!

Well that’s even more impressive!!!

That’s very impressive!!! How do you precision in the manufacture of parts? I can’t beleive you do it by hand that makes it even more impressive!!! Well good luck and if you need any expereince with cad let me know. I am a cad expert.